Finally got it!!!

FiddleSticks

It's only taken me 25 years!

When I was a young'un back in 98, I saw a plane in the November issue of RCM&E that really appealed to me. It was called T.A.4 Top Cat. It was styled to look similar to an F14 but with trainer style wings, landing lights and afterburners that light up plus flaps and an air brake. It really appealed to me at the time but being short on cash like many youths i never got the plans for it.

Until today! It took me a while to rediscover the name of this plane and i spent countless hours looking for it previously but i finally found it and then bought it.

Cost me £19 but today I've finally taken posession of the biggest bit of paper i've ever had lol. Yes you got it, I'm now the proud owner of the plans for this 25 year old design that has probably been forgotten long ago!

Now I just need to find some time, spare cash and some supplies so that I can set about building it. If you've never seen the thing, here's some pictures of it (Oddly the photo shows the airbrake on top but the plans cater for it being underneath):

s-l1600.thumb.png.9cccff72baec63ef24fb600c9d02dc12.png

122008262_s-l1600(2).thumb.png.71ca9d0cef6bd9cf66a0dffbafca3f53.png

I've only ever built one plane before and that was from a kit and looking back i frankly did an appalling job lol so this will be an interesting and time-taken build.

No idea when I'll start it (need to clear some space in the over crowded shed) but once I do i'll post updates..

FS

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Advert

Nice choice, you don't see many of those around nowadays  - a great idea if you want something that looks jet-like, but flies like a sports model. The World Model Company produced a smaller ARTF electric powered version about half that size, called the F-14 Tamecat, in the early noughties. 

https://www.theworldmodels.com/store/?action=productDetail&id=4005

• Like 1