flair pup problem

hi have just got a flair pup mk2 would like to know what engine you have fitted in yours and please could you let me have the c/g and all set up data also would anyone out ther have a cowal thay would like to sell or let me know where i can get one please

Advert

Steve Not quite sure about the "mk2" bit but recently finished the Flair Cub kit & have controvertially !fitted an SC52 FS although the recommended engine size is .15 to 40 2st .The CG is 85 mm behind the LE on the wing chord of 282 mm C'ant help with cowling but I had one supplied with kit (plastic moulding)You could use (& i've just measured it) 16 mm thick balsa to calve one out .There are air inlets each side of the central crankshaft aperture for cooling & of course there are plenty of pictures of Cubs to help eyeball the contours -Happy carving!

Hi Steve -I 've fitted the 3 standard hi-tec servos at the rear of the cabin area & by moving the Rx nicad about I dont need any of that anti gravity stuff .I'll go to any length not to have to put "luggage" on board any flying m/c (just a thought ,birds constantly relieve themselves don't they -There you are !)Let me know how you get on .I might be asking for your advice before I fly mine (still c'ant get comfy with my digital trims & setting up non mechanically .'tis mi age!)

Thanks Steve
Would be very interested in feedback from your mate on reliabiity (or lack of) of HiTec Optic 6 RC gear.Have seen so many negative comments on Hitec site. I bought the system 2 years ago and am scared to use it. just been charging & discharging batteries and building lots of models ready for take-off eventually.Any comments very welcome.