Gyroo II 'the pusher version'

Richard Harris

It was modified after you picked up the issues Chris but everyone else had built theirs by then. I've since revised the design by simply making the horizontal fuselage pieces insert into smaller slots rather than having a full length slot along the fuselage, they are also doubled up with a few other minor tweaks.

When I get round to it I will build another to the revised drawing.

• 3 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

Before I get going on the bullet proof Rev 2  Gyroo II I decided to knock up a 2 blade set up to test in readiness. Each blade is 600mm long and they are mounted to a 1mm thick fibre glass plate, I think it  was one I used on an Atom many moons ago.

These blades use no negative shim and seem to spin up well. After the first session I added 5ps to each tip and reduced the throws by half. It was a bit windy here yesterday and quite bumpy at low level but it coped well. 

Here are a few snippets of video I took.

Edited by Richard Harris
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, Chris Dowell said:

I just worked out what you mean.

5 Pence.

You could said that you added a metal disc with a diameter between 18 / 23.59 mm with a weight of between 3.2/5.65 gms ...just to make it clear .

(farthings)😆

Chris...

My old man sorted this six pence out which is pretty close, now we are on the same page:classic_laugh:

20240403_094105.thumb.jpg.c9dcfe6678aaed34513247a129d32668.jpg

These will be removed and I will inset some lead to match.

20240403_094203.thumb.jpg.d7ef0cf6959e7cae2b748b2254eb020f.jpg

Have you managed to get out with your yert Chri?, wheather here is still poor.

Edited by Richard Harris

We always were on the same page ...it's just that you are on the top line and I on the bottom one.😂

Unfortunately I have not been flying recently .My flying club is located very close to the sea and when the wind comes from that direction it can become unflyable in a couple of minutes.

But yesterday I got me a new printer. Just released Ender 3 v3 core XZ . Man its like a jack rabbit on steroids' .

It's like this ,that every time I get a new electronic toy .I go through this like, hate period.

I like it but it hates me .

But this new toy was extremely easy on me and we are now good friends...well that's until it starts playin up ...and it will ,one day.

I happen to have a set of 600mm blades lying around so I hope to make a two blade set to try on this model. So what is the starting angle on the head ?

• 3 weeks later...
On 04/04/2024 at 11:25, Paul De Tourtoulon said:

What's that in Euro ?.

🤣

A little update on the 3d printed version of the Gyroo II being done by Ian. The design has been updated so that it can be printed on machines with a lower Z axis height keeping the parts to a maximum of 200mm, well within the limits of the popular models. This has meant splitting the fuselage and blades into 3 parts and the horizontal stab into two, it still needs a few tweeks but matches the lines/weights of the traditionally built version and flies just as well. Out of interest the blade segments take 12 hours to print and the whole model is from PLA so no fancy plastics.

If all goes to plan I will see if I can persuade the editor to maybe incorporate the files and print instructions somehow to accompany the plan and  article when ever its released.

A few photos from a get together yesterday.

IMG_9353.thumb.JPG.fb83bb8fd7473506b4ae0d0b06cda849.JPG

IMG_9357.thumb.JPG.acea14800b9c493b952132c44ea50a2d.JPG

IMG_9361.thumb.JPG.648d01ad722300b8275a6873504a37bf.JPG

IMG_9368.thumb.JPG.74ff4ac418984a7ef5682efbd9bdddae.JPG

• Like 3