Hand pumps .... tyre inflators

toto

I occasionally used so-called tubeless tyres (tubs) for bike racing. They were actually a tyre and tube sewn together and glued to special rims with a purpose adhesive. I believe lightweight clincher tyres are used more now. I assume tub cement is still sold, even though tubs are less popular.  Try a decent bike shop or one on-line.  It'll glue the tyre to the rim.

A normal cycle tyre pump will give more than sufficient pressure (I doubt if you need even as much as 90 psi which is what we used on the tandem)

The XFly tyres are glued to the rims but the joint can leak, hence the advice to smear some ‘flexible’ glue over it. Regarding pressure, we’re talking circa 10psi hence the reference to using your mouth, let’s face it, as modellers we tend to have plenty of hot air.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I think I’ve said it before about the Tasman, do not over inflate the tyres. If you do ground looping will increase as will pogo landings although both of these can help improve your skills! There just needs to be sufficient pressure in them to stop the rims hitting the deck on a hardish landing.