BMFA News

SIMON CRAGG

Just a few lines to say what a great read the latest BMFA News is IMHO.

I stopped purchasing the modelling magazines years ago, and find that the BMFA News is a great way of keeping up to date with the latest from the various branches of our wonderful hobby.

Well done to everybody who puts the magazine together!.

• Like 3

Luckily, we have a great club hut.

The hut has become a magnet for all things aviation, including model flying magazines which once read  instead of being binned, are left in the hut.

Inevitably I occasionally get to read a few interesting (to me) articles., 

We have a member who has created an A-Z of RCME free plans going back many years, which is held in a cabinet in the hut.

I have to say, that building from plans is a dying art in our club, mainly due to the extortionate price of balsa.

1 hour ago, Futura57 said:

It's a shame you don't purchase other modelling magazines any more. Is there any particular reason? I guess you are not tempted by the free plan in RCM&E. 😥

RCM&E was never the same after it moved to the big format and dropped the electronics bit 😀

Like Simon, I stopped buying model magazines about 20 years ago as I realised there was no longer anything in them that I was interested in. The free plans got thrown out with the magazine when the next issue came out.

I still build from plans, but can find all I want on Outerzone where there is a bigger choice of subjects, and I usually end up modifying the plans anyway.

The internet and the BMFA mag provide all the information I need to keep up to date with latest developments.

Dick