Graupner Typhoon

Andy Pickford

That was an interesting flight!!! I discovered the colour of adrenaline and yes it is brown!! I flew my javalin 1st and was a little put off about flying it as i couldn't feel my thumbs!! But nothing ventured...............

This is the 1st EDF i have flown It looks stunning in the air once i got it trimmed out. Ended up with a bucket load of right aileron and up elevator to get it straight and level .

Then after that i brought it in to land on the drop tanks !! A little epoxy needed now oops. The flight lasted about 5 mins or so i think not sure cos i forgot to put my timer on (Muppet) So that was the only light today. It really flights well once trimmed just glued the drop tank on and fitted the undercarriage to see how it handles our grass strip. Don't think you could fly it in really windy conditions but it was OK with a 10-12 mph breeze today.

I would put a pic in of it but they are all to big in size to post!

Timbo you dont need one but you should get one all the same great fun!!

Hi All.

Strange to say I have the Art-Tech  Euro, and it also needed alittle touch up (with paint I mean)   It is a ready to fly model, with everything including:- 2.4 gig cheepo set-up.  rx has no satellite, back to this soon.  As they had decided it would be a good idea to use clear tape to hold some parts in place (for transit) When I removed it, it also removed the silver paint..  Oh Lord.  Anyway a tube of Reeves acrylic  (the works,  Craft shop)  sorted the problem.  (I hope) 

Back to the 2.4 gig system, has anyone had experiance of this type of system.  I'm a little worried about range etc, and so have replace it with a 35 meg RX so that I can use my Futaba comp TX.  I am just putting together a cheap foamy to try out the 2.4 and will report back.  The Euro has yet to fly,  but I will also report back on how good or not it is.   I fly at the mo, a phase 3 fantom EDF which screams around the sky and flys as if  the rails, have been transported from Dusties place to mine.  No rudder, but still quite aerobatic. 

Right bye for now all, will let you know how I get on with the 2.4 and the euro's maiden flights.

Good luck one and all,   May all your ups and downs, be controlled.

Bob S (York)

Well you dont specify whether it is spektrum or fuby 2.4.

My experience with the spekky Rx is that they all have excellent range - even the so called parkfly range ones are superb. However, I am not usre what they have fitted into these things...so over to you, but i have heard a few folk on other forums complaining of poor radio gear - I suspect it is neither spekky or fuby, and the ones I heard of were 35mhz anyway. 

PS please start a new thread to discuss this model - this thread was for the graupner really

Hi Timbo.

Thanks for info.  Sorry about the change of thread,  I will put that right.  

the rx and tx has no other marking but Efly.  I will start a new thread, as soon as I have done a little field testing on the 2.4.

Cheers again.    Apologies.

Bob S (York)

Dusty

You said the Graupner F5 -- Do you mean the F15?   That seems a good model to me, after the great review of it in RCME-  and I wondered , if it was the F15, what radio you had in it. I was thinking of the Spectrum 2.4 receiver and whether it would fit or not?  

Can you ( or other ) comment please?  

• 3 weeks later...

Dave sorry for the late reply I have been away, was the F-5, stockset up with the fan and motor, 2200mha Zippy, cheap esky rx, towerpro servos, 1 for each aierlon, removed the rudder servo and gear, good toss for the launch and the model flies nice... keep the drop tank on for belly landing, was snowing so awesome skimming it on the snow!