Programming my DX8G2, step by step, to fly the E-flite X-vert.

Hi everyone,

Although I have the X-vert manual I’m still very confused about putting the correct data etc into my DX8. There appears to be only a few steps but I’m still struggling. I’m not computer literate and could not programme with the card from the computer.

I really hope someone can help me with this.

Hi everyone,

Well, I’ve managed to sort out the programme data loading into the DX8. After nearly a whole day of trawling the Internet I  came across on the Spektrum website which contained some  ‘Downloads’!
Now I would normally shy away from this as anything to do with using a computer sends shivers down my spine but I took another step forward and despite the age of the model I scrolled down the list of these ‘downloads’ and there was the X-vert!.

So, I searched around for an SD card which took ages coz I never use anything like that but I did eventually find one. With this I was surprised to see it downward. Then, I just removed the card and inserted it into the DX8 and to my total astonishment it appeared on the DX8 screen and just needed to be clicked on and it was accepted. I was totally astonished!! BUT, would it work?? 
As it was quite late I had thought I’ll leave it for the night and try in the morning.

Morning came and I was quietly confident because I knew these Spektrum ‘Downloads’ did work. I was also reassured because on my model list on the DX8 screen it had Xvert  instead of X-vert so I was ready.

Anyways, after sorting out the right order of switches etc to get the rotors turning it was all sorted. 
This modern Spektrum technology like it or not is just brilliant and in this case has won over someone who had serious doubts about getting this model, that I bought a good few years ago and never, flown into the air! Well, I will when we get some decent weather this year …!!

4 minutes ago, GrumpyGnome said:

ALL this modern technology is brilliant - don't think Spektrum is particularly far advanced.

Have to disagree that all modern technology is brilliant (some maybe but certainly not all) the fact that Spektrum is not far advanced is why I like it.

• Like 1