1/5 Mustang

Being a cheap modeller I often get things that I might use one day, one of these was a local Mustang fuselage based on the old Byron kit. I managed to borrow a foam wing and stab from a Byron kit and then made my own wings and stab that was sheeted in balsa and then glassed and filled. The wings were made for Robart retracts to be used, the Top Flight kit is about the same size so these retracts were the ones used. For some reason I then stopped work on the mustang after all the building was done and packed away. 

Byron was at a loose end after the MB 5 was returned to me when I needed to get it ready for flight and said he really enjoyed working on it so I suggested he take the Mustang and do some work on that. He has done a great job so far and I think this airframe will be great to take to the flying field with the MB 5 so people can see the difference.  The wings on real Mustangs were filled and painted to improve airflow on the wings and fuselages left in bare metal so our model will be the same.  

BM1.jpg

BM3.jpg

BM5.jpg

BM6.jpg