Grass for a model patch

Gemma Jane

They are very timid Peter, they are no problem when flying or mowing and stand and watch at a safe distance, I would dump the plane before hitting one though. Sometimes though the field has goats, they might present more of a problem! PZ Trojan is a fantastic little model, I'm off in a bit to maiden my PZ Corsair which has been waiting a couple of months to fly!

Advert

I've been trying to source some retracts for the Corsair Peter, they need to rotate 110 degrees though because of the gull wing. If anyone knows of any suitable I would be interested. I put scale wheels on mine, they help off grass but it would be very nice to be able to fold them away. The Corsair maiden was in a fairly strong breeze, no problem and ran two more packs through it before going home to get the Sea Fury for its maiden.

i have to give it a nudge and hold full up elevator! you need to hold it till it lifts off otherwise the nose just plummets and the cheap crappy nose cone flies off! it looks rather weird as it just rises up off the ground and nearly stalls! i think i need a more powerful motor! i had a smaller prop and i swear it was better than it is now, now i have the stock prop on it

Mine was fine once it was going and had the tail up, went off easily, very short run I have the E-Flite Park 450 and Thunder Power 3s 11.1v 2200 mAh extreme V2 LiPo. Landed after 8 minutes, still had full power available and the battery was stone cold. David said in the mag review it has plenty of go on the Park 450, he was right. (He was also right about the nose weight in the Corsair )

Depends what you want I guess Peter, I've got some super cheap motors for future projects, but the Sea Fury seemed like it was something a bit special and as the mag review reported a very nice performance on the Park 450 I went for the E-flite recommendation for motor and battery. I'm not regretting it after the flight today. The Fury is the 6 th model I've flown and all I can say is that it is fantastic, it really tracks very well, can fly slowly and when opened up zooms around at a very respectable pace. OK I can't afford 3 batteries for it like I have for some of my other models but to have one that is a bit special in the collection is a nice feeling.

I have cheap lipos also Peter, but I tend to believe that one gets what one pays for. If you want an edge to things you pay exponentially more for it - life is just like that. I have some cheap LiPos but I treat them with caution and don't trust the ratings, i.e. I consider them as lower rated than stated.
With the Thunder Power LiPos if you want to fly it around WOT for 8 minutes at the specified rating  you can and it will still last for hundreds of flights and be stone cold at the end of each flight, just my experience, others will see it differently no doubt

In our experience, it is the expensive hi model ones that we use that have puffed the loong max lipos are perfect, not the slightest bit of puffing whatsoever and i would highly recommend them actually! we use em on all kinds of things such as the inspire mini 3d thingy, my seafury, dad's depron wildcat etc havent had any problems, pre lipos we used to buy quality stuff like proper ripmax servos, now it is just the sg90s on the shopping list! infact that is what i have in the seafury