2009 PSSA Fly-In Dates

Phil Cooke

• 1 month later...
Hi Phil,
             most of what I have built are hairy-fairy light wind jobs because we dont get a lot of big blowy stuff around this far inland, will have to remove offending digit and build summat quick that may live long enough to take a photo if I can actually find the courage to chuck it off the rock and into the lap of the gods.
Was thinking on a 1/40 scale XB-70 Valkyrie but not sure yet, with a span around 32'' and length about 6 feet it it should do something even if it is only spiral down into the oggin,

regards,        Terry

P.S any cheap and chearful hotels/motels around there with good deals for late september?.

Cheers Tim,
                        had to strip my A0 draughtsmans board down few weeks agho and it is now in the garage waiting to move house, now I need a board so have to build my own A1 board so I can do some work on a F22 Spitfire wing.
Problem is with many of the plans these days the authors have taken the easy way out and stuck a foam wing on but I prefer built up wings for lightness,

regards,       Terry

• 2 weeks later...
CALLING ALL PSS FANS!
Just a quick reminder that this weekend 15th and 16th of August is the second of our 2-day Fly-In events to be held on the ever popular Lleyn Peninsula, near Abersoch.

Check out the reports from our first event this year in this months RCM&E magazine!  Or if thats not to hand (Shock!) heres a link to the review of the same event from the PSS site -

http://www.pssaonline.co.uk/events-review/Lleyn%20MAC%20PSSA%20Event%20May%202009.htm

Usual plan - meet in the Glyn y Weddw Hotel car park in Llanbedrog, 10am, where we will decide on the correct slope for the days action. Proof of insurance required - bring a car full of models and enjoy flying from some of the best coastal slopes in the UK! 8-) Keep your fingers crossed for the weather!

Hope to see you up there!  Phil Cooke

Just back from the Lleyn event now, we had good flyable conditions from 1pm on Saturday and all day today.  Winds from the WSW ranging between 20 and 30mph - pretty perfect although Saturday was surprisingly gusty and turbulent! (strange with winds off the sea?)

Anyway, there was a group of 8 modellers in total with well over 20 models between us.

Fly for fun was run off the peg each day, all went well and everyones left in good spirits tonight after a good weekends flying.

Piccies to follow, but highlights have to include the B-52 of Simon Cocker and Victor bomber of Nigel Moule.  There was also some very good formation between the T-33 pair and Steve Kemps L-39 Albatross.

Well done lads, see you on the Orme for our final PSSA do of 2009 - 26th and 27th September.

Nice one Phil.... I was up the Orme today, and was thinking of you guys and that the weather must have suited well. Couldnt really do the meet myself as my hawk is still in bits - too mny other projects currently, but I am determined to get it rebuilt befpore the end of next month so should be able to join you on the Orme again.
Please dont let that Cocker guy fly with me next time LOL
Looking forward to the pics.

Edited By Timbo - Moderator on 16/08/2009 23:47:55

evening all!
Ive editied a number of shots from this weekends successful PSSA Fly In held in the Abersoch area, Ive created a gallery to make it easy...

On Saturday we flew from Dorothys' Farm, right at the end of the peninsula in a 30 mph SW wind.  Sunday we moved to Cim Farm on a 20 to 25mph  WSWerly.  Pretty near perfect PSS conditions throughout the weekend, there was only 8 pilots in attendance but with over 20 models between us, we had a ball - and impressed a few spectators along the way...

Enjoy the shots.  More info at  www.pssaonline.co.uk

Next event on the Gt Orme, 26th and 27th September - hopefully well have a much stronger attendance at this one - see you there!!!