2009 PSSA Fly-In Dates

Phil Cooke

For all you slopers keen on PSS, the PSSA have just announced dates for a series of 2-day events at the Great Orme and on the Lleyn peninsula.    There are 2 Fly-Ins planned for 2009 at each site,

The Great Orme, Llandudno        -   6th and 7th June 09

-   26th and 27th September 09

The Lleyn peninsula, N Wales    -   16th and 17th May 09

-   15th and 16th August 09

More details can be found on the PSSA's website;

http://www.pssaonline.co.uk/main-pages/pssa%20events.htm

These are Fly-Ins, not competitions, and you don't have to be a PSSA member to fly - just bring proof of your insurance, enjoy the banter and fly for fun - so why not come and join us?  Dust off that old PSS model or better still, get building a new one whilst it's so cold!  Hope to see you there!

Phil Cooke

• 1 month later...
Please note, due to unforeseen circumstances, the date for the first Great Orme Fly-in has had to be pushed back 1 week.  It will now run on;

13th and 14th June 2009

All other dates remain unchanged, please update your diaries accordingly.

More details can be found on the PSSA's website;

http://www.pssaonline.co.uk/main-pages/pssa%20events.htm

• 2 weeks later...
I'm thinking about popping along to one of the Gt Orme events, but was wondering if anyone could give me any advice on the best way to get there. Getting to Llandudno from Cumbria isnt the problem, I was wondering if I follow my TomTom and stay on the A55 until the turn off for the A470, or turn of B5115 Brompton Ave, Llandudno Rd, the Parade.
From there, do i go around the North or south side of Marine Dr, anti-clockwise or clockwise, whichever way you look at it.  It would probably be September when I could attend, my event calendar this year is pretty full. Any help would be appreciated,

Cheers,

Shaun

Sticky's are off the menu for me Phil since my heart surgery and the way in over the top does'nt always dodge the toll depending on time of year there is a second toll booth at the bottom of the hairpins. I've got a yearly pass now myself You look after yourself or you'll end up under the knife too

• 4 weeks later...
nice one Matt - your 2 new models look superb - I look forward to seeing them (and your existing PSS fleet!) at some of our events this year!!! 
Not long until the first event this year on the Lleyn Peninsula and Ive still got a lot of work to do on my new Tucano!!!  I must get back in the garage!

• 1 month later...
Just a quick update to mention that the PSSA has run the first of its planned events for 2009 in perfect soaring conditions over the weekend 16th / 17th May, near Abersoch on the Lleyn Peninsula.   

A full review of this event with photos and video can be found on the PSSA website, here;

And thanks to PSSA member, Rez Manzoori, there are a number of other stunning videos from this event showing exactly how good the conditions were for PSS!  Enjoy!

Lets hope we get a stronger attendance at the next PSSA event, scheduled for 13th / 14th June on the Great Orme, Llandudno... see you there.

Edited By Phil Cooke on 25/05/2009 10:40:26

Hiya Matt,
This was something I was talking to another modeller about only the other day, you are right, our events do seemed biased to the Northern half of the country - why is this??  We have PSS members across the country (across the globe!) so why no events south of Derbyshire??????

If you can nominate a good PSS venue down there I will only be too happy to arrange and run an event on an agreed weekend... my problem is I dont know where to stage it!!!

So there it is folks... the gauntlet has been laid down to the Southern PSS flyers... you would like an event down your neck of the woods?

No problem... name the site and I'm sure Phil C will be more than happy to promote it via the PSSA website!

Not sure what Polyphilla's on about though? On Site Camping?!?! In the meantime, why not take a nice drive and come join us at the existing events?! You'll have a great time!

Cheers!

Rez

• 2 weeks later...
well, the Llandudno PSSA Great Orme event is upon us this weekend and the weather forecast looks passable wind wise, 12 to 15 mph has been forecast for Llandudno from the SW so that hopefully will mean 17 to 20mph up on top of the big rock. 

And certainly we are going to need the sun cream!!! 

So dust off your PSS models and get them on charge overnight!

See all those who are travelling in the morning, we aim to meet in the car park at 10am.

A superb day was enjoyed by all - good turnout with flyers from England Scotland and Wales - all the usual supsects, great conditions meant almost everything flew - some nice formation flying by the terrific twosome ( Phil Cooke and Simon Cocker ) with their fanatastic foamy Shooting Stars - I even squeezed the hawk in between them occasionally, unfortunately a little too close on one ocassion - still nowt a bit of glue and patience wont fix. I mahnaged a few reasonable photos, and a short clip of video of Simon and Phil, but frankly, too busy enjoying myself to do much more ! A truly great day, and thanks to all who attended, and Polymodder for the grub ! Phil Cooke will doubtless be posting some "proper" photos in the near future.
  Meanwhile, dont forget to checkout PSSA online  http://www.pssaonline.co.uk/ for the latest news and views on the Power Scale Soaring Association.

Clicking the pictures will enlarge - and restore the scale which seems to get corrupted when inserting

Edited By Timbo - Moderator on 13/06/2009 20:02:53