Cold weather glues

Ernie

Hi guys, It's freezing here in France, but  I'm huddled in my workshop cave, between the racks of  red plonk, and the pitiful electric fire..My cyanos are all sulking. Some have gone thick, and some don't seem to stick (there are some cheap supermarket ones, 'cos the good ones are difficult to find) Any ideas on cold weather sticking?

ernie

Advert

Hi Ernie, I had the same problem working in my cold garage. But you have to go for it and take Stephens advice, I have never been allowed indoors when putting the toys together, but needs must as they say. Over Christmas, I started by painting a pilot for my next model, on the dining table with much paper to protect everything, since then I have slowly brought in each piece as required, now the wings are joined, stab is on and tonight the fin went on. The wings are safely stored in the loo, the fuse is stood on end in the lounge, and the tools are tucked away in the corner. The glues have even been found a space in a kitchen cupboard, (so they won't go off, too expensive to waste etc). So far all has been tolerated with no complaint, the key is to introduce thing slowly! 

Also clear up the glue you spill before she notices, on yeah, be carefull if your trimming the covering away prior to glueing things or you might accidently snag the scalple and cut the quilt cover..............

Oops

Dave