Ok some requests ....

Tim Mackey

Firstly...I STILL get an "application error" when trying to upload further pictures to my album. JPEG /118K / desktop. I used the browse button for the others -( same type and size approx )and no problems. This one just refuses to go, and after several days of notifying you, nothing.
Secondly....why cant we see who and when posted last in a thread? all you get IN VERY SMALL PRINT is "last post" - I want to know BY WHO and WHEN the last post was done - easily visible
Thirdly....why cant we see which members are currently online - no detail required, just who is on
Fourthly.....the categories are too wide ( especially given the other limitations mentioned ) EG: "all things flying" this needs breaking down a bit.
Fifth.....Why is the mag called RCME still ?
I cant remember the last time I saw anything resembling "electronics" projects.
Ok so this last one is quite about the forum... but heh
Lastly....WHERE ARE THE SMILIES ?? ( INSERT WINKY HERE )

Advert

In response to your second point, does the latest posts links in the block at the top of the page 'Discussions by:' cover what you're after?

Good question on the smilies keep pushing and you may get someone to listen!!

I'll keep looking into the upload pictures problem you're having. I may get someone to contact you directly about the problem you're having. If you'd be kind enough to help him work out what the problem is that would be most helpful.

Hi again

i am suprised that ebedded pictures in a posting cant be done and that pictures are subject to approval for the gallery,

also active links too,

we are all like minded r/c enthusiasts and want to share links and pictures as well as words :-)

i activley use other R/C forums and by and large they are self police-ing and are genrally good fun and instructive and constructive,

if anyone dosnt like a thread or thinks its crossed the line or broken forum rules there is always "The Red Button" :-)

Ray

Indeed smilies are lacking, images I'd like to see some way of being able to put a thumbnail in and then link through to the full version in the gallery, that would be good!

You can however have active links, if you look up near the top left of the page you'll see a guide to using the forum. You may think this is just some rubbish about what you should and shouldn't do but I'd recommend a quick read ;)

You can put in links, here's the guidelines that are also linked to from the top of the page

Hi Robin. "latestposts" still only gives the owner - not who posted, until of course you open the thread.
Be glad to assist with the upload problem.
Also, I an STILL not getting emails to inform me of responses to posts, one or two arrive for some threads but not for others...even those I "own". YES I have ticked the right box (insert smily here )
I SAID SMILEY HERE :-) :-)

Dare i say it, you did post another message just before you started getting response notifications Timbo. Is it possible that you weren't on it until that latest post.

It's the only thing I can think of to explain why it's an intermittent problem that I've not heard about from anyone else

My PC is ALWAYS on, so I dont think that is it. I am glad to say that 4 messages arrived in the inbox this morning notifying me of posts....so things are improving BIG SMILY HERE PLEASE WINK WINK
PS when does a post get moved out of the category "new discussions" EG when does new become old :-)

DepronJet:

You need to put your link in-between URL tags, so if you typed the following (without the spaces): [ url ]http://depronjet.vstore.ca/[ /url ]

Then it should look like this:

http://depronjet.vstore.ca/

Or, if you want to be really swanky, you can do this (again, withoug the spaces by the brackets): [ url http://depronjet.vstore.ca/ ]Depron Jet Store[ /url ] to produce the following:

Depron Jet Store

For more information on posting links, etc. on the forum, take a look at our guide to using the forum. Hope that helps.

You're right Allan, Alex Whittaker did indeed pen an electronics series a little while back, under the banner 'The E Bit' if I remember correctly.

It's always good to know what readers would like to see though, so if there's enough demand out there for a new series, then I'm sure Graham will consider setting the wheels in motion.

Tom

cheers for that :-)

as you can guess i am comfortable on the P.C pressing buttons and clicking the mouse but when it comes to URL[{]{]URL i am not so good at :-(

i liken it to remembering a 10 digit telephone number.. One Digit wrong and your talking to someone 500 miles away or you get an un-obtainable tone hahah

i know this is the early days of the forum and i want to support and help.. not with critiacl comment but with a wish list of things what the average(i.e me) pc user would like to see,

Ray

That's exactly what we're after Ray, so please do keep it up. We welcome all kinds of feedback, be it positive or critical - it all helps us shape the site into something truly useful.

I know what you mean about getting to grips with tags, etc. - I remember being completely confused with all that kind of stuff when I first started using forums. I'm sure you'll get familiar with it soon enough; in the meantime, ask away. We're more than happy to help.

Tom

a tool bar is a must.. as i write this message it would be Brill to click on a Icon like the "Send it to Friend" Icon and be able to upload a link or a picture directly,

picture appoval? dont know why appoval is needed !

some times i say and post messages that are close to the wire !

for instance.. "here is a Picture of Propless Bird" followed by Picture of a Jet!

open the forum and let people post links and Pics and if anyone steps over the line Shoot them Outta the Ball Park !

Ray

Is it possible to upload a pic to a post directly, without re-sizing it? Thats my favourite feature on the RCG forum. I post build threads with 4 or 5 new pics every day. I would like to begin build threads here in the future for my scale models.
Thanks,
Barry

DepronJet: Thanks for the suggestions. Rest assured, they've gone on the list to be looked at.

miniman: It's not currently possible, but it's definitely something we're looking at implementing. The build threads you mention sound like a wonderful idea; I'm sure people would get a kick out of reading through them. I'll talk these ideas over with the tech guys and see if we can get some of them sorted out in time.

Cheers Tom. Im RCM&E daft, and Id rather post build threads here than on a yankee forum any day! I used to have to re-size pics to post them, but they changed the forum so they were automatically re-sized as you up-loaded.
I will hang fire on choosing a new build until Jim can fix it for me.
Thanks,
Barry

Same here for thread builds,

it raises lots of interest and ideas and gems of information,
living 25-35 miles from my nearest club so i turn to the internet R/C forums for help ideas and dare i say it.. Promote my kits,
it also is an excellent way put my reputation and designs up for comment!
as i said there is no such thing as a bad Comment.. just feedback that you take on board to make a better product/service,

last year was Brill to meet people at the airshows who use the forums and i am looking forward to 2007 airshows,

roll on spring time

Ray

• 1 month later...
Hi. Tom, Would it be possible to make just
one suggestion for the forum? Could we please know the country of origin on the postings,I would hate to tell a forumite in
say Australia that they could obtain that hard to get item from my local supplier{ I
live in Surrey} Please give it some thought.
Regards Allan J...TTFN