EPP60" Racing

I fancy having a go at racing. Now that Stan at PMP isn't making any more models, what are folks buying to race with? What are the rules in terms of model build?

I fancy either a Moth or a Gulp, but see that models tweaked by UberCraft are clearly faster and sexier - but are they legal?

If anyone fancies selling thier Rampage then let me know!

later edit: I've found the rules, but would still be interested in what is being flown out there.

Advert

Ubercraft fuselages are not race legal in the UK.
The Moth 60 is underrated IMO. It is very fast if you are prepared to put the time in to set it up properly.
The HP60 is race legal and very fast in big air but struggles a little in lighter lift if up poorer slopes.
Drop me a pm with your private e mail address and I'll forward you something to read.

Andy

I just received the prototype Uber Raven from NCFM. It is most definately NOT UK race legal!
Which in this case is a very good thing......
I'm not easliy impressed by kit quality these days but this one is just miles and miles in front of any foamie kit I've ever even seen before.

She beautiful.....

Ah! They are ready to fly ones built by Matin.
This is a kit. Got to build it myself.

Best set of instructions I've ever seen with any kit.
Hundreds of pages with loads of illustrations and build tips.
You get through them quite quickly in practice but there are some neat tricks teaching me a thing or two.

The Flamingo is a great model if it's been well looked after.

Andy

yes the m60 is a good plane. the build needs some attention to get the best from it. I never understand why people can't be bothered to "sand it round" as the saying goes.

I'm not sure about the uber moth /raven as a model. Surely the fuselage makes a lot less difference to the performance than the wings do.  I would think an EPP fuse and a crunchie wing would be the better way to go. especially as the m60 fuse is already a weak point in EPP, nevermind fibreglass.  5% more performance maybe? if that...........