Zulu E

Tony Cooper

That looks great I just love the look of a trad built before covering one day I'm going to do one in clear covering. Quite quickly built that too Vinnie well done mate not to far from the sweaty palms of a maiden eh. hope it goes as well as my maiden with the moth from this months mag went today.

Advert

Hiya chris,
cheers mate,finished covering the fuselage tonight ,tomorrow i'll do the wing and hopefullt all the small bits and peices as well, wife permiting....
i glad everything went well with the thunderbolt,it's nice to get the stress out of the way and enjoy the flying aint it.

Sorry it's been a while guy's, my working hours have changed for the worse.
Things have slowley progressed and everything is now covered and a few decorative items in place.Hopefully , i will post some piccies for you tomorrow.
There's no pilot figures in the office at the moment as i cant find anything suitable for the  scheme my daughter has chosen.
Has anyone else built one yet, is yes,where's the piccies?

Hi Guy's,
Here are a few pictures so far.It is not completed yet ,just the basic design so far,i have a few more items of livery for the outside of the plane and have to complete the cabin interior and fit some pilot figures.
Hope you like them.

Sorry about the quality of the photo's, i used the wecam for quickness

Vinnie started covering today, still some construction on the wing and ailerons to complete but looking good for early April for maiden. Anybody remember 'Tales of the Golden Monkey' ? It had a Goose known as 'Cutters Goose' thats the one I've decided to go for.

I'm really impressed with your covering skills, thats a complicated image on the fuselage.

cheers

Lindsay

Lindsay,
Im really looking forward to your new project....Yeah, the colour scheme of ''cutters goose'' really stands out,im looking at buying the covering already.
thanks for your kind words on my Zulu, yes it took a little while ,first  i printed it off the internet,then traced the image and reversed the image on the back of  solartrim,the secret is a really sharp new blade for the intricate bits...........oh yes and a good pair of glasses in my case.When it is finished ,i'll put some more photo's on .Im hoping to maiden her a week on sunday,i have 6 days off work then.

Nice work Vinnie I'm betting your out flying as I type. high winds were forecast so I commited myself to some horticultural work at home and now I'm whishing I hadn't its blazing sun and a gentle breeze out there. that goose looks just the business Linsay. is it me or have float planes and flying boats got popular this year looking at the nuremburg reports seems the world and his dog are fetching one out