Blue Bird .46

Darren Kirmond

Hi all....Hope someone can help. I bought an unused Blue Bird .46 2 stroke motor for my Arising Star that I hope to start learning to fly with later on this year. I got the motor from ebay ( an ebay bargain!). However, the silencer was not included in the sale. Perhaps it went missing! I've searched the internet to try and find somewhere to get hold of a muffler but had no luck as yet. Can anyone help me?? I supppose its entirely possible that there could be similar exhausts that could be modified slightly to fit? I would appreciate any help anyone has to offer.
Many thanks

Advert

Darren
However cheap it might not be a bargain! Blue Birds were a very 'cheap & cheerful' engine, the quality was very variable, you might be lucky and have a good one.
Most of these far eastern budget motors use the same spacing as OS so an OS 46 silencer might fit.
Measure your exhaust port, internal and external dimensions, and the spacing between the screw holes, also note if the mounting holes are tapped or go all the way through the cracnkase casing. Then give Just Engines a ring With those dimensions the may be able to find you a silencer that will fit.
Chris

Hi Chris,
Thanks for that...much appreciated. I've drawn it out to fax off to Just Engines. I did have a quick look through the web site there but I couldn't find any reference to Blue Bird motors. I'll thoroughly bench test it before it gets fitted. I wont be trusting my plane to anything remotely unreliable. Thanks again, Chris.

• 1 month later...