Swash Mix advce (its al new please help!!)

joshua jones

For example the Belt CP my radio is set up now but in the swash mix i was just wondering what sort of mix levels are commonly used or recomendeed for a beginner i understan that it will be more lvely the greater the numbers but what do you use????

And what uses does the mixing function provide the pilot???

Advert

Joshua I'm no expert in the heli field but most helis I've come across are set up by the amount of pitch on the blades. For beginners this is usually around +10 degrees at full throttle, at midstick you want just enough pitch to get the heli to lift off this is usually around 5 degrees and at bottom stick (idle) around minus1-2degrees. If you're struggling with this seek help from an experienced flyer and stick to the figures reccomended in the manual for your heli. This is not an area to be doing to much experimentation at the beginner stage.Good luck and enjoy

Hi Joshua

As ultymate has said above. Those settings are for your average blade pitch settings. If you are taking about a 3 servo CP servo mix then then they are normally set at +60 degrees each. Im not familiar with the Belt CP but one setting could be - 60 degrees depending of the position of the servo's and the make of heli

Al

• 2 weeks later...
Ultymate,

Very very true indeed luckily have loads of nescafe in the kitchen lol. And i'm pretty good with technical stuff i have it set up nicely now flown and crashed rebuilt flown and crashed at least i can hover a little now and dont rash EVERY time  im quite proud considering two weeks ago i had never flown a heli. With the mix levels i was just trying to get a idea of a helis reaction to inputs obviously there all different and there are others wAys of achiving same result it would appear the belt i have likes about 75% pitch aileron and elev in the mix ( that was terrible)

josh

Josh,

No doubt you have this sorted by now, but since there is no short answer on CCPM mixing I would recommend sticking CCPM into your search engine and checking out some of the offerings. There are a number of useful articles when I had a look. I didn't try a refined search for any particular Heli, but again this could be useful so you know settings for learning and settings for 3D flying. In the end you will probably progress from one extreme to the other in stages to suit your comfort zone!

• 2 weeks later...
hi guys,
ccpm mix  for the belt you need 3s swash setting and 'max' of 60% on ail and ele,  training 50% should be plenty. it controls the amount the servo moves with that input. this is a sporty bird so to quiet it down you could 'add wieghts to flybar, use 25% expo , or just learn to only move the sticks in mm , unlike fixed wing where you may be giving towards 1/2 stick these birds are 'very ' responsive if 'settup right' and you realy only need to 'look' at the sticks.
as for curves you got proper tx or the stock one??
for pitch it should be 2 degrees at mid throttle [ in normal mode ] and 5degrees at 3/4,  to get the right head speed. but these are a personal thing and if programing then you will take quite a few flights to sort out a curve to suit your flying,  your throttle realy needs to be towards 1/2 at 1/4 stick then you can fly in quite strong wind 20mph and bring it down safely with good head speed
regards
don