Twister Agressor li-po problems

Flight Monkey

I have recently bought a twister aggressor 2.4 and I am trying to get as much air time as possible, to this end I bought two extra li-po`s, the bumph that comes with the model claims a flight time of 10 - 15 minutes, we all know about the fictitious claims eh?, however with flight times from full charge only being around 2-3mins, I thought that there was a real problem with either the battery , charger, or the model.
if anyone else has has similar problems, may I suggest that they try charging the battery and using it straight away, the flight time for my heli has gone up to 9mins before the blue strobe appears.
kind regards

Don

Advert

David,
           I charged all three of the lipo`s the day before I was going to spend the morning with the chopper, all three batteries ran down within the first minute of getting off the ground. I was going to contact the model shop or Perkins thinking that there must be a problem with the charger  or battery, to be sure that I was not missing something, I charged one up and used it straight away, this is when battery performed as it should giving me a flight time of  approx 9mins.
as I am new to this game, I thought someone else may have experienced similar problems.

If the supplied charger is the same as the Twister Skylift Chinook - then I would check the voltage of the Lipo's after charging. I found that mine was not charging them to full capacity before switching off, giving shorter flight times.

Try disconnecting the battery from the charger when it has supposed to have charged it and then reconnect it again after a few minutes. Then see what happens - you might  find it starts charging again.

I have used my normal multi charger to charge the batteries and had no problems.

Just a further thought

Al

I had the same experienced with my CX2. If you are using the charger that came with the kit, I would suggest buying a proper charger system. I bought the Ripmax, sigma EQ. This gives a good charge and balances the cells.  I also agree, if the batteries are cold or are charged in the cold then they will take a long time to charge. you need to keep them at room temperature. I would also advise that you buy a 12v battery to charge at the field or on the day. The battery will drop its charge slighjtly from one day to the next.

technology its a wonderfull thing
Gordon