Speed camera

ken anderson.

one of our club member's got caught by a speed camera-doing 38mph in a 30mph zone --he was not happy..................

i told him the tale my grandad told me-in the late 1920's every town/village had there own speed limit's-he used to drive the early/old style bus-with the open cab(he used to call them a charabang?)anyway he told me he got done for travelling at 12mph by a policeman on a bike riding alongside looking at his speedometer-and telling him to pull in-he was going to fine him-he say's the local court found him guilty and the fine was 19/6d(95p)paid off at 6d(2/3p a week!!!!!!!!!!!! 

ken anderson.......

Advert

bowling along the seafront at 40mph i saw a speed trap ahead at the last minute and stood on the back brake of my old fanny barnet the back wheel locked up and jammed and i went through the trap at 30 in a cloud of tyre smoke one copper wanted to nick me for not being in full control of the bike but the other one said if i could keep the bike in a straight line with the wheel locked up like that let him go i walked the bike round the corner then jumped on and scarpered

Some years ago when i was twenty something, had no family and allowed a motor bike , my regular saturday hack was over the wiltshire downs on quick, deserted roads.
After cresting a brow and beginning the downhill run towards Avebury I spotted the copper stood in the road pointing his radar gun at me. A quick glance told me i would be very,very nicked so braked hard enough to get the rear wheel airborne,stopped in the middle of the road, checked he wouldn't see my plate and sodded off tout suite.
Lesson learned, speed  gets the heart racing but not as quickly as a potential nicking !
age brings experience, better road sense, and a sense of mortality.
now i try to remember to fly fast rather than drive fast

hello all you lewis hamilton's--a friend of mine has a saying reguarding anyone who speed's.................
he say's "you're far better 5 minute's late in this life-------than 5 minute's early in the next!!!............you've been warned...........

ken anderson....................