The BAE Hawk on the Big Rock yesterday.

Advert

Yes to some degree, but it has that look generally due to its shape  - but indeed, the only way to keep her speed up ( and she dont like slowing too much ) is to keep penetrating the wind as you summise.

My slightly nose down stance is for two reasons.....
1) In 60MPH + you need to lean nose down....or you get blown over backwards
2) The various stickie buns need close and careful inspection

• 2 weeks later...
I have seen the 2 x red arrows hawks display at Weston - which I know is organized by Steve Bishop but I always understood that although Dave does the commentary ( as he has done atop his white van for more years than I care to remember ) they were not related.
I do NOT think that DB flys the turbine hawk... takes him all his time to even recognize the models.... let alone fly em!
PS I am in the " I like DB sound " half of the camp. He's British you know!

Sorry Tim, family mix up - it may be Steve and his son Matt that fly the Hawks, I have to pop down and see Steve sometime soon to drop that T180 off to him for conversion into a toffee bomber.

On the subject of gliding etc I have just aquired a well drawn plan for a large (for rubber powered) 58'' span FW 189, looks to be quite well thought out and had the idea of redesigning it a bit and turning it over to PSS, large wing area and not a lot of weight, what do you think?,

regards,    Terry