Indoor flying venues In the NW (cheshire especially)

Hello all

Can anyone give me advice on where there are indoor flying meets in cheshire, as the long winter months and poor weather have grounded my i.c. fleet. I'm willing o join another club if necersery and i have BMFA insurance naturally. I have a parkzone vapour and a flyingwings mini bongo that need a good thashing indoors.

• 2 weeks later...
Rochdale do a monthly one, but I think it's winter only, and stops soon.

I tried to arrange one in the school I teach at, but couldn't get a price for the space that would have made it worthwhile- not to make a profit, but to ensure we covered costs. 

The problem is how much would a flier pay for an evenings flying, and so how many would then need to be able to fly to equal the price.  The school were talking in the region of £90 per hour!

• 5 months later...
I do not have any date info at this moment,but for a few years now there has been indoor flying at Deeside over the winter months(Saturdays 12pm till 4pm) mixed flying ie slow flyers,shockies,choppers with timed slots (about 20mins) for each type.
Used to be 2nd Sat of each month cost dependant on attendance (£5.00ish).
Will update as I get onfo........Kev

Ps BMFA members only.

Edited By Kevo on 05/09/2009 17:42:33

Hi Oliver. I will find out when Northwich club use the local sports hall. Usually every other sat morning from 9am til 10am. It got too busy will small heli's and overcrowded for £3 for a flight! I'll find out which Saturday they're next there. You still haven't been down the field?

Thanks guys.
Im sorry i havent viseted you yet batcho99 i planned to come down the weekend after i contacted you but it was bad weather. i text your clubmate tom to let him know on that weekend that i wasnt coming. Then on the following wednesday i went on holiday first camping, then to scotland, till this last bank holiday so i didnt get much time at home. But as soon as it is nice weather again i will plan to visit. Or if your club meets indoors anywhere i would be delighted to come along.

Hi Oliver. We've had a good session down the field this morning. The farmer is preparing to give us our runway extension, it'll be massive when its done. Good job we got the sit on mower!
Still not found out about Northwich club indoor flying, I know its at Rudheath leisure center tho. I'll find out for you, one of our members flys there.

Iain.

thanks Iain
Has your club made any attenpt at getting the Holmes Chapel lesuire centre? as the hall there is really big and not that expensive to rent out for an hour. (£40 i think) I know that one or two from my club would be interested. If we could get a group of around 8 we could probably justify doing it for an hour or so.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
LADMAS hold indoor meetings at Sutton Leisure Centre St. Helens (WA9 5AU) about 5 min from M62 Junction 7 every month from September to April. Shockies not allowed and helicopters can only be up to twin rotor size.
Meetings are from 1.00pm to 4.00pm mostly Saturdays but with one sunday in Feb2009.
Cost £10 depending upon number of flyers.
Next meeting 12/12/09, I don't have list with me but if anyone interested please pm me and I will send copy.
We also hold meetings in Formby High School about 5 min from RAF Woodvale on the saturday following the St.Helens meeting but only a small sports hall.
Just remembered the dates are listed also on Southport Model Aircraft Club Site

http://southportmac.org.uk/indoor.htm

Eric

• 1 month later...