More pictures from the big rock

Just a few from Tuesday, and today.
Jart was maidened today, and had 3 good flights - none of them captured on film however - too windy for the camera
Theres a link soon to be posted to a short piece of grey and wobbly video of Ultymates Wasabi though.
Todays skyline.... not too nice up there - we only lasted a couple of hours.

But it did fly today... 3 times and all fine and dandy apart from a wayward and possesed rudder.... yet to be sorted

and now a few from Tuesday

Advert

Hi Matthew.... yep - she's a beauty - fast, sleek, and sexy to look at even on the deck.
Keeps her speed up well, doesnt need a huge altitude to build up the speed, and rolls @ around 2 per second. Rudder servo is haunted as Ulty says, but innefectual in flight really anyway, so may just disable it and lock it up. Was trimmed off perfectly before first flight, and then upon landing we noticed there was a bootful of left rudder in.... most peculiar. With little alternative I sub trimmed in 23 clicks of right and straightened it up. 2nd flight and landing... same again??? Twiddled the stick a while and it kinda of sorted itself out.
I am wondering if the fitted servo ( which is permanetly mounted and glassed in the fin ) maybe doesnt like 6V, so will be emailing Mike to find out which one it is. Unlikely, but worth a shot.
Need to also find a better way to retain the wings - tape came off starboard wing after every landing - so need to devise a turnbuckle style fitting to fit internally across the fus - rubber band somehow doesnt seem appropriate .

Left the 1/2 lb of ballast in, but imagine it will still be fast and slippery without it in less wind.
I'm liking it

yo timbo glad to see the jart went ok ,first flight is allways a cheek tightener,but you  took her home in one peice always nice that, 23 clicks wow thats a lot even for me ?,lol,enjoyed the day tue, light winds but we put a few up ,wanna see the jart go next time we up .cya iawnski