Ripmax Spitfire Conversion

Has anyone converted a Ripmax electric Spitfire to IC?? A few club members have these models & they fly beautifully...the only problem I can see is that they need batteries not glow fuel!!!!!!

I was thinking about converting one to a real engine...a 30 4 stroke would be good I think...& wondered if anyone had got there before me....

David Boddington has done the conversion, he used an OS26FS (I think - it could have been a 30)as a comparison to the standard electric set up, I've flown both, it didn't fly any better than the electric version, apart from duration but he was using 3000mah nicads, for the same weight 6000mah Li-pos could be used which would give 20min duration.
If you must ruin a good electric model go ahead!!!! (only joking)

To some people g**w f**l is like a drug and is therefore very difficult to give up, but some of us have managed to kick the habit! Why would anyone prefer to have the aweful job of cleaning all that gunge off a model after flying, putting up with vibration and have it flying round sounding like an angry wasp (2-stroke), or a wet f*rt (4-stroke)!!!!

Beats me!