Spektrum DX6i F Mode

andy harrold

My 2 month old DX6i has a problem. 
When I switch it on it bleeps frantically and the phrase "*-*-* F. MODE *-*-*"  flashes on the screen.

Does anyone know of this problem and does anyone know of a cure?

I converted it to take a rechargeable battery so am not easily able to  remove power fully without taking the back off for a second time and un-soldering the connnections.

Many thanks,    Andy.

PS I intend to return it to my LMS but thought I would ask on here first.

Advert

Yep, just tried in on mine, if you switch on in heli mode with the flight mode switch (or throttle hold) in the on position it will beep a warning to you until you switch it off. F Mode switch is same as gear switch (in fixed wing), so no problems with your Tx.

Don't forget to check the date code in your Tx if it is only a couple of months old, it could be one of the ones being recalled, see Horizon Hobby UK site for more details 
http://www.horizonhobby.co.uk/aeroonline/knews/karticles/k18dx6irecall/k17dx6irecall.html

Timbo,
Thanks for the quick reply. I have recently set up the tranny (so that I could fly helis on Phoenix) and that indeed has been the problem. I had tried moving  the flt normal switches with no success. However, I've tried again and am now a happy chappy once more as the problem has disappeared

I had  googled the problem with no success so well done to you and Thanks once again.
andy

As  for the 6i date code issue, my tranny does not have a date sticker but passes the test smoothly. ( I will retry it as someone told me you have to do it VERY slowly)
I wish to fly helis and fixed wing on the phoenix. Initially I had a fixed wing setup on the tranny but as I had no throttle curves set Helis were virtually unflyable. I then changed the phoenix model on the tranny to be a heli. I then had flyable helis but no GEAR on the fixed wing with retracts!! 
I will have to have a play with the setup within Phoenix because I do not want to commit 2 of the 10 models to phoenix. Thanks for the help.     andy