A super Sunday

Advert

welldavid i will be on route to the flying field, soon. after a nice breakfast, going to take the black horse chipmunk, for its first flight, we will see if the balance is right, as posted in forum, thanks for everyone's help. will let you know if ther is a crash or not, regards weasel..    ps the weather is lovely up in northumberland today..

Didn't feel like it today, but went anyway. Glad I did.
Flew my Parkzone FW190 - it was rubbish!  Patherticly underpowered, but it looked nice in the air. Oh and that stupid little scrw for securing the battery cover.... lost within 2 secs of undoing it.

The I flew my Alfa A4 Skyhawk - awesome fun as always.

Finished off with my Flair Attila - brilliant fun, albeit hugely overpowered with a GP20 2 stroker. Anyone got a spare OS26FS 4 stroke going spare / cheap?

Lovely day all in all. Lifted my spirits right up.

The last few summers have been so wet that the woodlands have really filled out - just takes a couple of dry days and a careless or deliberate act and it goes up very quickly.  The weather forecast (longterm) suggests that it will remain mostly dry up to the Easter school holiday which could turn very busy.

Saturday afternoon/evening we were out, 3 acres of woodland/scrubland destroyed.

Easter 3 years ago I barely saw my house - out every day for hours at a time.

Its a concern I have regarding being able to get in touch with customers/potential customers and being on call but hopefully it will work out.

Top day, Plenty of hibernated models appeared at the patch. Good to see but meant air time premium. Mind you stayed all day and got plenty of air time in as the guys left for dinner etc. Left as the sun went down on a cracking day 18:00hrs ish. Hopefully not the last this year!!!!

Great day of flying. Had 10 flights and did 2 instructional flights for a beginner. Flew my Funtana X50 which is now really working properly. flies superbly, nothing like anything i've flown before, very accurately and the engine doesn't cut any more . The Free plan P-40 flew again and it flys like a dream. Also flew my funjet for which i'm trying to compile enough video to make a video of it to the music of 'I like to move it' (if you've seen madagascar you should see where i'm going. If not, take into the acount the name of the somg and the jet bit and you really should see where i'm going). I also took my OD shocky and dad took his trainer as usual.
Plenty of other flyers. Only one crash (not me). Great afternoon.

A great day at the vintage meet at Middle Wallop army airfield on sunday.

went back more years than I care to remember to go free flight sports flying my Vic Smeed mamselle powered by an Albon dart - all of 0.5ccs diesel power.

At least on a big well manicured airfield you can walk after a model and still expect to find it easily.

roll on the next meet and good weather

I gave up my flying for the day as it was "maiden day" for my sons GWS Beaver (xmas presi)...Flew like a dream in the light winds with just a little trimming required and he was solo after 2 flights...even did a few landings but fluffed the take off so he's back on the sim for some more practice. I thought i picked things up quick but struth, he's only 10. All in all a very good first day with no breakages. 
I secretly really fancy one myself now as it was very relaxing and everything i needed to fly was in my pocket which as a normal IC flyer is quite a novilty!!..
As the weather is looking great for a couple of weeks i think i could be out in the next day or so to blow cobwebs away.
Bring it on!