Anyone going the Gt Orme this week end? 21st / 22st March

Advert

hey phil you better mate ?,,,,,,,,,,,i would love to phil but me trusty steed the chuck wagon (IAWNSKI CREW BUS) is haveing a spot of tender care and serviceing didnt pass mot shame ,isn it n/nw 15 mph  sunday so it looks like it will have to be the following wekend for me mate enjoy  kev iawnski 

glad to hear that phil now we can combat you with no worries lol,crew bus off the road means no were to put the stash of grub that comes along on the rock lol,thanks for the invitition of a lift phil im in denbigh, im hopeing she will be back ready for next weekends trip to the rock, cheers buddy 

phil cheers for that but dont forget its mothers day and will have to do the right thing and have a lovely day out doing what the lady wants to do yep you guessed it ,,, retail therapy,,,  ,thanks anyway will hopefully be up next weekend cheers mate kev iawnski

Had a good session on the Orme today Sunday 22nd with Timbo, Mikey Matteo, Rocket Ron, Bob Gadsby, Steve Streetly, and not forgetting Phil Wood who if he makes many more trips over from the Wirral will qualify for the title Philet of Fish. As I left I could hear much merriment echoing from the flight line mid combat

Yep...jolly good time had by all
I had the now long forgotten pleasure of reliveing Mr Wood and son of their virginity  - here's a shot of them both before the first flight of the day.

Dad and son sure got  into it all by late afternoon, they even managed to knock each other out of the sky...with some considerable damage to both models.
I think they enjoyed themselves
                                                                    Final score...
Timbo 6
Phil 2
Mikey 1
PS in case you are not familiar with slope combat rules and  think I need moderating - any model which has not yet been hit in combat / forced to ground is considered a virgin

Heres a couple of pictures of my mate and ace painter of Jarts and other things Steve Streetly - with his fast foamy M60 - spackled wing version.

The afternoon was rounded off with a lovely flying display of his 3 metre Ellipse.
Dont ya just love to here a big moldy screeching on a low fast pass across the ridge

As usual...click for the big picture.

Edited By Timbo - Moderator on 22/03/2009 19:40:28

Yes, GREAT DAY!!! I surprised myself many times with my flying ability. I think I surprised Dad aswell because he kept asking if I was ok. I was busy trying to chase Timbo, and doing (quite) a successful job. WON'T BE LONG TIM'
Can't wait for the next one, Will be fun to get Kev In the fight aswell. :D

Mikey

Hee hee - glad you enjoyed yourselves lads - and a big thanks from me too fro the excellent catering supplies - Iawnski had better watch out or his title of head chef may soon be under threat
The missus asked me whether I was hungry when I goit home, as all I had taken was few scones ( scoffed by everyone else I hasten to add ) and I didnt have the heart to tell her that you guys had done your usual sterling job of emptying the local tesco shelves of all things sticky

Err 6 points it is Phil.....well, using my rules anyway

1 point  for each force to ground ( X 3 of your thing ) = 3
3 points for a direct hit resulting in reasonably severe damage and grounding  X1 yours

Plus, I should really get extra brownie points for actually flying and trimming out correctly your home made polygonthingumagiggywhatisddodah on what is not my normal mode !

You both did very well in all honesty, and that Mikey is gonna have to be tamed !!

Edited By Timbo - Moderator on 23/03/2009 10:46:24

hey mikey glad to hear your no longer a virgin at this gliding game ,i bet your giving the old man a run for his money now eh mikey lol,cant wait to get out there with you guys doing the combat bit i love it, sound s like i missed a good un again, sticky buns galour the boys did well eh timbo ,ill have to watch out for them grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr,lol, hopeing to have a bash next sunday weather permiting maybe we could get together lads ?tell ultymate one of our crew has bought a crash helmet ha ha,be in touch guys iawnski

I have stripped mine too. The wing has had 3 carbon fibre rods shoved up it - ouch - from the tip inwards, as the last 6 to 8 inches on one panel is effectively broken...and has been gooped up and filled in before with hot glue etc. The fin has been removed and replaced.
The fus was snapped in 3 places under all the strapping, and worst of all, I found 1 x cell of the LiPo pack was puffed badly so its been ditched. New 1800 2s pack fitted, new switch and wiring, ply overlap plates slipped in-between foam and existing broken ply sides, and the other splits and breaks have been glued and reinfoirced with C/F weave tape and epoxy. Most of fus is now re-strapped with new CW tape, and the wing has set back reasonably OK.
Tomorrow sees the new fin made, fus re-fitted to wing, fin fitted and then the lot re-strapped as required, then re-covered over 75% of model.
Should be ready for battle again by Wednesday.
2 new kits were shipped this afternoon.
Had a lie down after the phone call with Alan Head
STILL no Jarty wings, and Reed is investigating  - sounds bad.
PS you look bloomin awful in that photo

Edited By Timbo - Moderator on 23/03/2009 19:58:31