Irvine Engine Mount

Keat

Guys.

My tutor 40 didn't come home last weekend... due to a mid air collision, not with me fortunately.
My model was being trimmed up by a club teacher, when the mid air happened above our heads.. of course, during the panic whilst diving for cover, we lost sight of mine. We did eventually find it...as 10,000 pieces of match wood in the ploughed field. To be honest, that's where most of it still is today.

I'm not too concerned however, as it had been in a scrape in the autumn and was rebuilt.

So to my problem.. I've come to put my old engine into my new Tutor 40, but the engine mounting holes are in a different position (offset).  So I can't use my old alloy mount, and the single plastic mount i do have isn't wide enough for an Irvine 53.
I presume, this is known, and I'll pick one up pretty easily ???

Edited By Keat on 20/03/2009 17:42:46

Edited By Keat on 20/03/2009 17:43:37

Edited By Keat on 20/03/2009 17:44:11

Advert

Keat

"To be honest, that's where most of it still is today."

In order to keep good relations with our local farmers, we ensure we lift everything.  I carry a carrier bag in the tool kit for the inevitable.

You should be able to pick up  mount at your local model shop

It's starting to get on my nerves a bit now.

I've drilled matching holes in the new mount, and mounted the engine to it, only to find now that the new mount, is a tad too big for the engine bay.. it just catches the quadrant, so it's either off to buy another slightly narrower one, or out with the dremel, and shave a little from the mount.