FMS models

Simon B

Advert

Simon,

I dont know how good you are with a computer but here goes:

Basically when you go to the sites that have the new models/landscapes click on the link associated with what you want to down load, i.e the bit that makes your pointer turn into a hand!!

This will then down load the file to your computer.

You will have the choice of where to download to.

Once downloaded you can either move the files extracted, or better still copy them to the fms models/landscape folder that is already on your computer.

If you are downloading models they need to go in the models folder. if you are downloading landscapes they need to go in the landscape folder.

This is a very brief explanation but if you are faily ok with a pc you should get it

let me know how it goes!!

Andy

Yeah, just before you posted that i tried that and i've now got a ton of new models.  Thanks to everyone for their help.  Still trying to find something that responds like the real thing, as they're all much twitchier than my actual models!

Just tried Version 2.0 Alpha 8.5 (Windows 95/98/ME/2000/XP)

from the FMS home page and still doesn't work

Shame, because I use to enjoy the chase view it had and there is a flying field that has rings to fly through! Very good prctice for acurate flying.

I've had Clearview for some time now and although the flying fields are photo realistic the lack of interaction makes the sim less interesting . There are two fields that interact with helis which are good but not exactly stimulating for fixed wing!!

Andy

FMS and VISTA.

Anyone with a compter degree explain the above???

Why will FMS work on some VISTA machines and not others??

What do I need to do to get FMS working on my copy of VISTA?

The FMS forums seem to be full of advice that edges around the issues and with lots of input from the cut and paste users

Andy

You need a .dll file which microsoft decided wasn't needed for earlier vistas , strange hows its in Windows 7 now (the new operating system coming out in august), I know cos im a beta tester . Mind you, all I use it for is a free OS! Ill go back to Linux when it stops working.
  Anyway, the .dll file you need is 'd3drm.dll', you can find it pretty much anywhere. I nice however and have given you a link here.

Right, now you've downloaded that, this is what you need to do:

1) Find the file, will usually be on your desktop or in your downloads folder at 'My Computor, <your name>, downloads'

2)Now open another Windows Explorer (My Computor page) and click on your hard-drive (generally the C: drive) it will most probably be named 'SYSTEM', another way to identify it will be to  find the drive with the windows symbol on it.

3) In 'SYSTEM'  click the folder which says 'Windows'.

4)Now scroll down and find the File which says 'System 32' and click.

5)Now copy and paste your 'd3drm.dll' file there and hey presto! you should now have a working FMS

Ben,

sorry for the delay, been away for a few days.

I tried the DLL thing. Didn't work. Some forums say to copy it to the FMS folder, some say to copy it to the SYSTEM 32 folder. Either way, as I said didn't work

I have managed to get an older version of FMS working badly. Version 2 beta 7. this has reduced detail etc.

Anyway sorry to have high jacked Simons thread!!

At least he's got a few more sights now to find his Toucan or something similar...

Andy

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...