Austro-Hungarian B.I

Balazs Gyenes

Hi all,

this is my first thread on this forum. I'm a Hungarian modeler (from Europe). I'm building scale models for five years. I built my first own designed WWI model the German Fokker M.10, Austro-hungarian name: Fokker B.I. Here are some pics and a short video:

The quality of the video is not so good.

Balazs

Advert

Hi Balazs 

Now, that's really cool. I've never seen that prototype before, it's a bit like a biplane version of the eindecker. Where did you get the drawings from? Also are the crosses on the lower wing authentic, I've never seen them on the top of the wing.
Great stuff

ernie

Hi Balazs,

Thanks for all that information. It's a lovely wee model.   do the wings warp?      We need more of this sort of thing, and less plastic ARTF. I'm a great fokker fan, but I'd never seen that one before. I've got an 1/4 scale E111 on my building board just now. But, It's got a long way to go

ernie

Ernie,

no, this model is too small for wing warping. I'm drawing in 1/10 scale. The original plane was wing wapred. This plane was well known in the Austro-Hungarian Army. The army used 39 of this type during the WW1. The first some arrived in 1915 January. Originaly this palne was unarmed and equipped with wireless teleghraphy for artilerry liaison. I've found some armed version. Those was armed with a maschine gun.

Malcolm,

yes my plan was that I would like to publish this model.

Balazs

Hi again Balazs,

Can you give more details of the model - actual size and power plant?

It appears to be an electric powered model and, possibly to my shame, I am more familiar with IC power, only having one ARTF electric Piper Cub.

I have often thought that, were I starting from scratch, I would most likely go for electric motors, but as I have more glow and diesel engines than I have models for, at my age this is not going to happen.

If you do get the plan published, I would be very interested in building the model and would welcome any advice from you to that end.

I would be happy to receive direct emails from you.

Malcolm

Dear all,

I made a little changing on my model. I have changed the power resource. I installed a bigger Hyperion instead of the small Hacker. I changed the battery also. Now I can fly for 15-17 min with one pack. I put two figures into the model. These are J Perkins figures. My girl friend painted them. I'm not so good in hand painting.

Balazs

• 3 weeks later...