What's up with the Futaba 10c?.

John  Serjeant

I Have noticed over the past couple of weeks,no less than FOUR Futaba 10c Transmitters for sale.

These are, or were on either the BMFA site or the a very popular auction site.

All were described as being in as new, or little use, or only a few months old.

Do I perceive a problem?.

Are or is this particular T/x not popular; is it because it is like other Futaba T/x with the 2.4z module ,considered to be something of a stop gap by Futaba, until they bring out a purpose designed T/x?.

Or is there a particular reason I wonder.

I'm considering buying into this 2.4z scene, but wgat to choose.

Maybe I should switch to JR?>

Comments please.

John Serjeant

Advert

I've just bought a 10C & I think its a great radio....you'd have to prise it from my cold dead fingers.......!!!!

I like the modular approach as it allows me to continue using all my 35MHz gear & slowly switch to 2.4 as finances & needs dictate.......!!

Maybe email the sellers & ask 'em why they're selling.....!!

The only thing I do have against the 10C is that the tops of the sticks are a bit vicious.....I grabbed mine the other day as it was toppling over & my thumb caught hold of the edge of the top of the stick & it tore a lump of flesh out!!!!!!

In all the years I've been in this hobby I've cut myself on modelling knives, burned my fingers on hot engines, skinned knuckles & split fingers on rotating propellers, cyano'd my fingers together AND to various model parts but I thought to be injured by a transmitter was pretty special