Cheap cyanoacrylate glue

I've just had a new kitchen put in and was surprised to see the fitter using CA to stick mitred MDF together.  He bought it from the local timber merchants, and it's available in quite big pack sizes: 20 ml and 50 ml, and there's a aerosol can of kicker / accelerator.  This is marked with a warning that the solvent can affect materials, but it didn't seem to affect white EPS when I tried it.

If you can't get big packs from your model shop, you might find this will save you money.  Here's the link to the manufacturer's website for the 20 ml pack:

Advert

Hi John, thats amazing timing re your post as im having a new kitchen going in this week and when the fitter left last night I also noticed the glue and kicker you refer to next to his gear....  Just goes to show if you shop around you can get a lot of the stuff we use elsewhere often cheaper.  Im fortunate to live a few streets away from an electronics shop who supplies me with my heat shrink for buttons compared to the prepacked stuff in the model shops....  Craig 

• 9 months later...