Parkzone or Art-tech P-51?

DAVID CLIFFORD

I have a few quid in my pocket and would like to buy an RTF parkie warbird.
I have always loved the Corsair but cant decide between the Art-tech which has had a positive review by Graham or the Parkzone PNP version which has similar reviews and i saw one fly at last years nationals and looked great.
I can also get the parkzone for £104, £10 cheaper than "Myhobbystore"

Any experience with either plane?
Suggestions please.
D the undecided

Not flown the Art-tech Corsair to compare but I couldn't say enough good things about the PZ Corsair. Fantastic model  and tough too. PZ new Mustang is smaller, nice but the PZ Corsair is a cracking model by any standard, you won't be dissapointed with it David.

Oh, I see an excuse to post the picture again

Did change the nose art though, for some reason the original did nothing for me!

Edited By Gemma Fairchild on 21/06/2009 20:51:15

I was flying David, it's posted up on the competition thread. I spent a day yesterday with my husband showing him how to use my Canon 350D, he has never used a digital camera before and he did a few practice shots with a Blade CX2 in the garden.
Then he comes to the field with me this morning for his first photography session with fixed wing and snaps that shot. I honestly don't think he realises just how awesome a picture it is! I'm very proud of him

I have a PZ corsair and it rocks.   Yesterday after numerous trouble-free inverted circuits i flipped her over for a landing circuit and whacked it into a floodlight pole.

5 minutes with the hot glue gun and shes ready to go again.  Bit of luck actually as i was practising for a little project but you will have to watch this space for more info on that!

David. I've flown both of course and there are some subtle and some more obvious differences. 

Pzone - EPO foam, more powerful motor, faster heavier model so it'll cope better with a breeze. Nose weight doesn't come amiss to improve performance. Removeable top deck means easy batt changes and the internals etc. Sensible wing-crank protectors on underside.

Arttech - Std foam, lighter, less rugged, less powerful motor and slightly less commanding performance - needs noseweight to negate the safe, floaty out-of-the-box performance. Looks a bit prettier.  

My suggestion - Pzone  

Edited By David Ashby - RCME moderator on 22/06/2009 09:27:06

Hi all,
Arrived yesterday, 1/2 hour setting it up. had to make an adaptor for the EC3 fitting on the ESC but thankfully had some spare ones. All my batteries have ultra plugs (deans or T connectors to some) and didn't want to void any warranties by cutting off the connector.
Walked out to the field and the wind started gusting and baecame to windy to test it.
Oh well better luck next time

Maidened today, bit gusty but nothing man and machine could not handle.
My god i love this plane. Settings bang on out of the box bit of expo on the ailerons and elevator and very scale.
Best choice i think thanx David, fog and Gemma for the sound advice.

D the well happy

Edited By DAVID CLIFFORD on 26/06/2009 13:00:37