Advert

Well my Luna 2 will be ready to go.  Just as soon as I have sorted out the surface.  I can't get them to centre properly, all I hear is a hole bunch of servos hunting a buzzing.  I did think it was the servos, but new 5 x HS 85MGs can't be faulty.  Any ideas on how to release the surfaces so they don't drag.

Cheers

kris

Edited By Kris1 on 02/05/2010 23:53:04

• 5 months later...

Waiting for Kris to report on his maiden !

I am at the other end of the scale - waiting for Rich of T9 to say they will soon be shipping my Luna 2. In the meantime been scouring the web for hints and one thing sticks out a mile. Fitting the ballast tube seems to be a drag - physically and also because it gets in the way of the wing servo lead connectors.

Question is - for a non-competitive flyer moving on from Easy Glider, Weasel, Destiny - and 'sloping' off the cliffs of Brittany, France - is ballasting necessary ? I enjoy long no-stress sessions just rolling and looping about in 10-25 kph winds so pretty low key stuff.

Opinions please  . . . .

Peter

grasshopper- i have the luna 2..which i have flown in 10-15 mph wind's with no ballast and it was really good and confidence boosting-----i was a bit worried about the performance...but can report that it was as good as gold.......i've only been flying glider's for 2 year's...and learning as i go...so as reguard's your luna-you'll love it-----mine is set up with the control movement's given on this thread....

ken anderson  ne...1.. 

Posted by enrico on 04/10/2010 19:42:39:
Yes ,and that was with all the gear in ,ready to fly!! Now has a 2.9metre Dogan that was even cheaper(as in free).Well you,ve got to look after the pensioners in Gods country I guess.

poor enrico has not been the same since he spent £30.00 on a charger last thursday...he thought in his money it only came to about £5.00...when he found out how much it really was...well say no more........    ... 

ken andereson..   ne...1.

once you fly the luna and depending on the wind you will soon want better penetration and more speed !!!!  ballast will be required eventually and the luna loves it never been to the slope before i chucked a luna off the great orme few months back great fun and the crow brakes are just the best, top aircraft ! now the decision for next year do i buy a typhoon or Luna ?? he he !! 

Ballast provision is a definate must!!!!

You'll be lost without it as soon as the wind get beyond light and scratchy! 

I mostly have at least half in, you can fly without fine if you must, but it is worth the extra little effort of fitting a tube to take a pound or two to realise the full potential of the moulded Luna glider....

Lee - did you get the lot in that day or about 2/3rds?  And why haven't you ordered one yet?

i had 2/3rds in and it needed more really but as the end of the day neared i couldn't be bothered (lazy git)  and i have not ordered one as i have no money, i will prob go witht eh typhoon really as impressed with the luna 2 as i was it just seemed to lack the speed i wanted but it is without doubt a fantastic thing, just fell in love with the crow brakes every time virtually at my feet at walking pace (until i put the ballast in) andys already put me on to a good second hand luna but i think i would like it brand new ! 

with the luna2  i really had to work at it to get the speed up and only when i got the snap flap going on the edge did it start to accelerate after about the fourth reversal with snap flap did it scare the bejesus outta me and nearly took my nose off!

maybe andy will let me have a go of his typhoon before i make my mind up eh !! 

• 3 months later...
Luna has flown!

Look, I've been busy OK?

It's a real pussy cat at the moment as it's a tad nose heavy, but what a revelation after flying foam. Smooth, precise, clean, controlled... what a treat. A real shot in the arm and I can't wait to get her back in the air - I'm going to learn SO much with the model. 

A few pics here. Hard to post on this forum so link is to my flickr account. It was good to see it FINALLY go (four attempts, 18 months) and it really made me want to buy another one. 

Mine didn't survive an experience where rather more ground than I expected turned up at an innoportune moment.

Matthew's went really well, nice landing as well. No wonder he didn't take up my kind offer of letting me fly it first

Nice one Matthew, loved the pic. on the forum. My Luna is finished now and waiting for THE BIG DAY but here in Brittany we have 20-30 mph winds and same forecast for the coming week so no chance for me for the moment.

I flew my Easy Glider yesterday and hope the omens will not carry over as in a moment of stupidity I stuffed it into the turf after doing a (too) low level loop. No big damage apart from pride - which heals.

I'll make a post when I have done the biz. with the Luna

Peter