Wot is this plane and where is the C of G ?

Hi Stephen,

The engine does not have any down thrust allowance but there is 2 degrees right.
As viewed from the front the engine is shown rotated 15 degrees from horizontal.  That is in an approx 10 O clock position. The rotation is about the horizontal / vertical line. The vertical being in the centre and horizontal 76mm above the bottom of the fire wall.
I hope this helps.

Peter

Advert

Hi peter ,
Thanks for the reply any chance of a picture of the front end of  your model , as it looks like my engine is on the large side and the cowl is a bodjed job  and i`ll have to make my own or do with out .

P.S i added  the center lines horizontal line 76mm from bottom 

cheers steve 

Edited By Stephen Jones on 27/07/2009 23:20:17

Yes thanks very much , 15*  of horizontal and i can see by the diagram it is explanatory as to why the engine looks so big , the cowl is wrong and i will have to make some thing .
And once again thanks very much for you're help .
Hopefully i will be able to get it in the air weekend.   

Ok it is NOT a super tiger, It is a WOTS WOT biplane and i recognise it as having owned one myself. Easy to fly but a pain for setting the c of g. The downward pitch for this plane is 2-4 degrees off the horrizontal. the Cof G point was 1/3 in from the leading edge of the top wing on my model. Depending on the builder it should be the same on this example.

This also looks very much like my old plane that I sold last year to a guy in Gloucester. If so then the C of G point stands.

I stuck a 61 engine in it with a 16 x 6 prop and boy did it go. Sold it due to having too many models.

Hope this helps with the I>D of the model.

Hi again,

Hopefully  the measurements i have taken will make identification more positive .
Top wing span = 4` 10"
bottom wing span = 3` 11"
tail plane = 2` 2"
fuselage = 3` 3"  from fire wall to rear not including rudder.

wings are of built up construction , fin and rudder from solid sheet.
fuselage made from sheet sides and bottom , top seems to be ABS plastic .

i am sure peter is right as the diagram of the front engine mounting shows the fire wall and fuselage sides edges which seem to be the same , and the fire wall is approx 120mm in hight .    

Thanks peter, There's no doubt it's a Super Tiger , thaks to your picture and dimensions . I had to reinforce the fire wall on mine and the fuel proofer is drying as we speak . Hoping to get the radio gear in it tonight and fly it tomorrow . Also hopefully getting two other models ready , a Thing with a OS.25 sf and a Acrowot with RCV .61sp which I also had to reinforce the fire wall .