Sticky stuff

Cant remember how many models I'vew built over the last18 years..my wife made the mistake of buying be a DB Tiger moth for my 50th ,but I've always gor hung up over glues,ie use PVA for building,or Cyano,except for fire walls or wing joining when 30 min epoxy was the answer.
I'm an impatient bloke and decided to use cyano for everything exc ept wing bandages[PVA will do].So I did only making sure that the varnish was sanded off ply before sticking and that there was a reasonable amount of doubling/triangular section reinforcement to that area.The largest model built is an 8foot span Telemaster [remember them?] Stil going strong after 10m years and used for glider towing with an ASP 108 up front..others include own design 60's 70's 90's spoprt/aero models with no failures.Why the complication of all the various glues? I can understand that large stuff needs special attention but up to 60 size or thereabouts Cyano seems to be ok,or have I just been lucky.Mind you, the loft,the garage ,and the shed currently hol about 20 own builds.
On the same topic I'd really like to know what glue some ARTF's use??

Advert