Graupner GF-9F Panther

Tim Kearsley

Hi Tim,
A late update...
Took the Panther for it's maiden flight on Sat. Bottled it and was helped out by the ever eager Rob (LHS model Club). Rob's got a very quick Funjet and seems to be able to fly anything so......
Firstly I should say the model got lots of compliments on its appearance (I have to say the dark blue finish and scale looks is a nice change from all those white darts) Took off well, flew very nicely, the 'experts' view was that it was a good model - not ludicrously fast but steady and good to handle. Tendency was to nose up even at half throttle and that was with a 3S Overlander Extreme constant 35C battery wedged up front. Slapped 10g of lead in front of battery box and that helped.
Rather miserably I dropped it on the second flight, broke a wing and the fuselage nose was bent back so......
Back to the shop to pick up a new body kit and guess what - there are no spares in the country I'm told! Personally I think it's disgraceful for any decent retailer to recommend a model and not advise that there are no spares about - pretty unhappy about this. Had to buy one from Hong Kong at £44 plus £18!!!! carriage.
I love the kit but I couldn't recommend it to anyone whilst there are no spares.
I'm thinking about putting a more powerful motor into the replacement, not because I'm a speed junky but because it might be useful for getting out of trouble in strong winds and you can always throttle back....
Any thoughts? 

Just to complete my story, I had an email from Dave Wilshere last night to say that he is refunding my money on the Panther purchase.  It seems that the same problem has been noted by others.  So, if you're thinking of buying one, just be careful and be aware!

Cheers,

Tim. s