'Subscriber only' content

Hi David, not an issue, but I find that when ever I want to view Subs only I have to add 00 in front of my subs number, then save. All is Ok until another day or log on period. Myron gave me the clue, he has to do the same thing.

Edited By Tony Prince on 05/10/2009 15:27:54

Advert

Hi again, re this Subcriber only issue, I see a lot of people getting hot under the collar over this. As an overseas subscriber I too was mildly ticked off until I realised, Ok so we don't get the special offers, fine, wait for the discount offer, then subscribe, job done. In this country only very large Newsagents stock the mag at R99.95, for 13 issues that's R1299.25, my subscription cost me R818.81, a saving of R480 or 37Gbp! And I haven't even begun to factor in petrol and wear and tear.

I would like to comment on the Subscriber issue.

At first I also thought it was a bit much but after some thought one must realise that RCM&E is in the buisness of selling magazines. To put an article together cost a lot of time and effort and to make it subscriber only is fair. After all, the RCM&E web site is one of the best I have yet too see with plenty of free suff available for download. OK, if you buy from a newsagent you cannot access the subscriber only content, but is that really a problem? I suppose they could put a special number in the mag for a one time access but that could be problematic.
I find that, here is South Africa, these magazines are pretty expensive at the newsagents and it is much cheaper to subscribe, as Tony already stated.

Regarding the free prizes and if they are available to overseas members. I won the June prize of the Jamira motor glider. It arrived here in Benoni South Africa without any problems. OK, it cost me R350 for customs clearance and delivery but that is a small price to pay for that all inclusive deal. It flies just great, by the way.

I say, 5 stars to RCM&E for a great magazine and website.

Cheers
Robin