Blue, Pink or Rainbow Foam

Advert

Hi

I used to get mine from Hampshire Insulation, they use to stock several grades from virgin bead white to blue and pink, I even had some green once.

There phone number is / was 01962 777730.

They are near Southampton, and I used to collect so not sure what their delivery would be like.

Very helpful I recall, I've stopped making wings commercially now so have not used them for 3 years or more.

Andy

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
The foam I use is called "Floormate" and "Wallmate", and is made by Dow Corning.
I get it from the local builders merchants. I can obtain it in a few sizes- 8foot x 2 foot/ 4x2 / 8x4.
The blue foam is more dense than the pink, and also a little heavier.I use the 2" thick for smaller leccy models, and Ive used the 4" thick for 0.40 size glow fuselages.
I make whole planes out of the stuff, and have developed a nice easy process over time. I can explain if anyone is interested. I have numerous build threads on another forum.

Does anybody know where to get "fan fold foam" Its the same blue foam, but in thin sections. I know its all the rage in the USA for quick builds.

• 1 month later...

Jetsome

I collected.

They do deliver, although one sheet may cost more in delivery charges than for the foam.

Sheffield insulation appear to have sites all around the UK.

Just be talking to another modeller, who told me that Sheffield are the only people to carry the stuff as stock.

I have just run out of the foam I was using, think it was called "Rohrcell". It was firmer than Blue Foam, would take resin etc.

I now have to find or be told of the limitations of Blue Foam. Can I cyno, dope it for finishing?

Regards

Erfolg