4 bladed electric props

Advert

Craig
Equivalent prop?
A rough guide would be to take an inch off the diameter but of course the effective thrust may not be the same.
Your best bet is to always measure the watts to prevent you overloading the motor.

Multi bladed props are less efficient than 2 bladed so apart from appearance you will probably be worse off.
Full size only use multi blade props when either they cannot get the required ground clearance or the diameter would be such than the prop tips approach supersonic speeds. 

If you follow the menu through from here it will take you to equivalent multi blade props but to save you the bother changing from 2 >4 works out as a reduction of 16% dia. But there is a caveat "valid only for propellers of the same family having similar blade shapes".

Thanks Simon and Pat,

Ive been on the net and have just about given up finding 4 bladed props so may try and get some 3 bladers.  I know GWS do some (including reversed for counter rotation) but having actually seen a one in the LMS I thought they were a bit flexible and not rigid like the APC ones I currently use.

Will do some more "surfing"

Thanks

Craig