WANTED - Vintage Ben Buckle type wanted

Hi All,

Noting few vintage style kits have an ARTF option, I wondered if anyone had an old Ben Buckle model, or simlar, going to a good home or for a small sum of cash?

New to the sport I have little time, or money, but keen to fly the vintage style models.  Not looking for a restoration project but if anyone has anything servicable they are looking to let go, please let me know.

With or without engine, I would be happy to consider any model, larger the better.

Kind regards,
Nick 

• 1 month later...
Advert

I have a Buccaneer which has been completely restored and is now ready for engine and servo fitting. Wing and fuse were recovered in doped nylon and any poor bits of balsa replaced. Has a spare wing that I intend to put ailerons in! Needs a four stroke about 40 sized ideally. Originally flew on about a 19 to 29. Will be a sedate floater. Looking for £50 just to go towards the work and marterials. I have a vintage radio set for it too! Digifleet 35 MHz PCM system . Also have an even older Futaba Challenger 27 MHz set in original box!!

Hi Phil, Only just received notification of your posting.  Great news.

I am interested.  Please email me directly with you details and location, any photos too.

Many thanks, look forward to hearing from you soon.

Nick

Edited By Timbo - Moderator on 05/10/2009 21:34:28

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Hi Nick,
just seen your request I'm looking to sell shortly three Ben Buckle kits
they are not perfect but in fair condition,
they are a Majestic Major,(the wings will need recovering) 88 inch span

a Mighty Southerner 80 inch span polliheadral wing (needs servos/engine,

an Elf Biplane 60inch span needs( covering (never finished)
the ELF Biplane will be £70.00
Southener & majestic will be £85.00 each
I'm willing to do a deal should you make an
offer for the three planes and due to the size they will have to be picked up
I'm in South Wales. internet photos available in about 2 weeks

Phill.

Hi Stephen,
The planes were going to be sold anyway so its a case of whoever wants to buy them.
if any one sends me their e mail addres I'll send photos, the southener has the servos
in but they haven't been checked, also the wing tips have been recovered due to shed
rash, but otherwise a good old plane, If anyone else is interested I also have a 80 inch
span CUB for sale in a few weeks (£85.00)  I don't know how to post photos on the forum   HELP

Phill.

Edited By Phill Mainwaring on 10/11/2009 14:44:01

• 2 weeks later...
I'll be putting a couple up for sale shortly, both on 35 mhz, complete with batteries, servos. rx and engines:-
Ben Buckle Falcon 96" wingspan, only 4 or 5 flights, fitted almost new saito 62 4 stroke and a 13 x 6 g- sonic prop. Covered in yellow glosstex with black trim, lovely condition. This is the second of 2 Falcons I own and I need to get another WM Midget Mustang. On its first flight it clipped the club treasurer's vauxhall and needed a repair to the wing which isn't highly visible and is near the wing tip! Most of this ones flying was done at the october bash at Hastings.

Plan built Windy Ain't It, 60" span shoulder wing model with an OS 26 4 stroke which has about 3 hours running time, finished with a fabric covered fuselage in light blue with yellow wings and tail. This is getting on for 20 years old but has little flying basically because it was too heavy, I've reduced the weight, which included 12 ounces of lead up front, it now flies a treat, it ought to I spent the best part of the last 15 years off and on getting it to work properly!!! I last flew this one at the North Cotswold 60th birthday bash last august. As a bonus, this one handles windy weather well, as its name might suggest. In its life it has had 3 engines, an Irvine 20 diesel, then an irvine 20 glow and finally the os four stroke. I'm saying this as the signs of change still show around the cowl but it's in very good condition.

They'll probably be on the bmfa and rcmf classifieds shortly.

As I've said all servos fitted, batteries fitted just change crystal and go (after charging).

I'm in Dover and obviously they'll need picking up due to their size.