SC / ASP 160 Flat Twin Help

James Marr

Hi all, thinking of buying an SC 160 Flat Twin. could someone please tell me the dimensions of it as i need it to fit in my cowl. also, when you make adjustments to the carb, are the adjusments the same for the 2 cylinders or are there adjustments for each cyl? if anyone has one please could they let me know. how smooth do they run? not too familiar with SC 4 strokes so help on running it would be great.
thanks - james

Advert

SC & ASP are the same engines so this may help (scroll down for a nice drawing of the 1.60!!) There is only one carb & each cylinder draws from that so only the main & idle needles as per a single cylinder. I have heard that these engines do sometimes have a habit of putting out one glow plug leaving you with 0.80 single (!) so an on board glow system might be worth considering.......like this

• 2 weeks later...
Hi James .Steve hargreaves is spot on with his advice . I have a Magnum 160 (they are all the same . It definately needs the onboard glow .They run very smoothly ,but make sure you buy one with good compression on BOTH cylinders . Mine had poor comp on on cylinder due to a poor cyl head and had to be replaced under warranty . Mine was fitted to an 80inch clipped wing cub and flew very well sounded and great  tick over is superb and slow with the o/b glow . Hope it helps .