Britflight Breeze

Finally manages to maiden my breeze. What a surpsise !!!! Easy to fly, great for beginner, as well as experienced pilot with more powerful setup. Great allrounder, quick to build. Problems with CoG ? No problem. Pretty forgiving when trying different positions. I used 4x HXT900 ( 9g servos), and fuselage could be a bit wider to fit them inside.

Advert

Cezary, You really don't hang about do you!?  Only arrived on Monday this week!

Great video, great flying - goes well with the 2812 and 3S LiPo, I'll do some tests and work out the power/current draw.  If like the 2822 (1500KV - which is similar) we get about 120W @ 11amps using a 7x6E prop although don't suffer from the heat so much due to a slightly larger ESC.  A couple of holes at the base of the cockpit "window" will give a fair amount of cooling flow.

In standard 2S trim with the 2805 motor you will see 70W @ 8.5A with a 6x4E prop and 99W @ 12A with a 7x4E prop (APC types).

Interesting method of mounting the servos, seems to work well though! 

Cheers,

Bryce.

Sweet plane. i love it !!!!. Pretty fast on full throttle, glides very well, and you can slow it right down for landing. If it`s about servos - if they`re damaged or stripped, no problem to swap them. They`re fit to fuselage with double sided tape. Fuselage could be a bit wider, so it would be easier to fit them inside. Doesn`t look quite neat, but works for me. Today i received Emax 2822 from BrcHobbies ( great serviceagain ), so i may try it. Overall - i`m happy with Breeze. I think it`s great allrounder. I`m thinking about Hustle )))) Or maybe H-Two-O ,to try take-offs and landings on water.

• 4 months later...
After many enjoyable flights, and couple of crashes, it was time to "rebuild" my Breeze. Short visit at www.britflight.co.uk , and main fuselage ( blue by mistake, as my Breeze is red ) was on the way to join the rest. This time i decided to build it like "proper" modeller. The tail looks much better, took a bit to fit 2 x HXT900 inside, but worth the effort. Now need to buy couple of APC 7x4 and 7x5 propellers and "maiden" her again. CANNOT WAIT

Edited By Cezary Parmonik on 04/01/2010 22:39:56

• 11 months later...
Cezary

if you are still around for an update on your Breeze I would be keen to hear it. Just got myself one for Xmas and witing for the weather to fly it. have found a couple of references to the 2822 motor mount issues with the grub screw coming loose - your experience?

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...
From my experience it`s common problem with e-max motors. A bit of thread lock helps. SInce my last post i changed motor for this. i`m using it with 7x4 up to 7x6 prop, and 25A turnigy plush esc, and 4 x HXT900 servos.  Batteries from 1000 3S up to 1600 3S. Made some cooling holes with soldering iron on both sides of the fuz. Helps to cool things down. Lots of power when needed, and even with 1000 3S plenty of time in the air. One of my favourites planes so far

• 2 weeks later...
Ref the emax motors and their grub screws:
I had one event where I had threadlocked the supplied allen key type grub but needed to undo it to swap a burnt out motor at my flying field without having to faff around also swapping the mount itself; I somehow managed to burr the inner allen key surfaces resukting in a "trapped" motor!!
But mostly the grubs do work themselves loose regardless of threadlock, unless you go really OTT with it then end up with my burring problem

Someone on the giantcod cf2822 page
suggested replacing the grubs with M3 bolts instead.

I have done this and it works - you can really go OTT with threadlock while still having the reassurance that you can impart much more torque both tightening and undoing than with the allen grub, AND you also have a backup option that should you burr the screwdriver slot, pliers will almost certainly break the threadlock and all you then need to replace is the bolt itself.

Its not the prettiest assembly - 2 bolts sticking out make it look Frankensteinesque - but at height, who's going to see them anyway??? And if you tolerate the bolts sticking out of a propsaver, whats the difference?

Edited By Chris Arnold 1 on 19/01/2011 22:22:27

Edited By Chris Arnold 1 on 19/01/2011 22:23:53

Get them from anywhere - I got mine from a local Maplin:

or ebay

or any non-"shed" hardware store

Bit of a blurry mobile phone camera - no macro function!!! - shot of the motor with bolts: