Irvine Tutor 40 assistance required

MartinN

Hi All,

I this is the right place for this question!

I'm putting together my Irvine Tutor 40 and have met a challenge.  Hopefully there's somebody here who may have a solution.

Stage 29 of the instructions relates to the fitment of the fuel tank.  It states "tighten the assembly screw fully to seal the bung and retain the tank".  Now I've assumed that by "retain the tank" it means hold it in place.

I've tightened the screw fully, the bung is well and truely bunged but the tank definately isn't retained in the model.

I can't see any bits missing or any steps missed!  Anybody got any ideas?  I've ordered some foam; would it be ok to pack around the fuel tank with this foam to hold everything steady?

Thanks in advance

Martin

Advert

hi martin,
i think youve got the version with a diffrent fuel tank to what  was used in the instructions,for some reason irvine changed the fuel tank but not the instructions,anyway the best thing is to use foam or polysterenne to hold it place and you can move it about a bit if needed for the centre of gravity

Don't move the tank to acheive the c of g! The tank should be as far forward as possible and held securely with foam, but not too tight. To get the c of g right, move the battery, but make sure this is very secure once fitted.  Buy the way, balance the model completely rigged and ready to go but with an empty tank.