Bother charging new battery?

Hi,

I just took delivery of my shiney new FF7 and am wondering if it is worth charging the TX battery pack that came with it.

I have swapped over the (greater capacity in mAh) battery from my old radio set and the FF7 works fine, but should I do anything with the supplied battery or just leave it alone? If I do so, will it just decay and die? Have a weird memory fit? Do nothing? What if I cycle it once?

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
LHF.

Advert

Ya charge it up and have it as spare, make sure its in good con and use it when your primary is low at the field... or sell it, use it as a weight ... Its probably been sat in a box for yonks and needs a good wake up call, couple of charges/discharges it should be ok!

Posted by Lima Hotel Foxtrot on 26/08/2009 20:06:05:
Hi,

I just took delivery of my shiney new FF7 and am wondering if it is worth charging the TX battery pack that came with it.

I have swapped over the (greater capacity in mAh) battery from my old radio set and the FF7 works fine, but should I do anything with the supplied battery or just leave it alone? If I do so, will it just decay and die? Have a weird memory fit? Do nothing? What if I cycle it once?

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
LHF.

I always maintanance charge my spare packs at least every 3 months. Allows me to monitor their condition and keep them in a ready state. NiCd is not too bad in storage, but standard NiMh is very sensitive to long periods of storage (i.e. permanently loses capacity). I'd perform an initial formation charge (overnight trickle charge / 1/10C for 16Hrs) at least.