Anyone know what this connector type is called?

Tim Yates

Just got some loong max batteries for my supercub and the battery connector is different from whats fitted to the supercub. I can go and buy new a new connector for the supercub or new connector for the batteries but does anyone knwo the names of either? (maybe they don't have names?)
This red connector is the new battery, not a great image of the connector but in essence the 2 metal plates are at 90deg angle to each other.
This blue connect is what is on the supercub.

Advert

The red one is a 'Deans' Tim and the blue one is of a type commonly used on E-flite and Hobbyzone models and accessories. I'm all '4mm bullett connector'd me so I replace any odd ones that are pre-fitted. As you move away from RTF models you'll find yourself needing to make a decision about standardising the connectors across your fleet.
I'm sure you can find or order new blue connectors from most model shops.   

Err, no Tim. Bullet connectors ( more properly known as corroly, or caged gold bullets ) have to be soldered on not crimped. They are all gold in colour, and the heatshrink applied afterwards denotes polarity recognition. You may be thinking of the automobile style connector - unsuitable for our use.

Yup, was thinking of automobile connectors. Did initially surprise me as most of those are rated around 4 amps.
I'll take a trip to one of the local model shops tommorow and see what they have. Got a soldering iron etc anyway...

Thanks for the heads up Timbo, don't want electrical faults at altitude!! or at ground zero for that matter!

Edited By Tim Yates on 04/09/2009 19:21:43

Edited By Tim Yates on 04/09/2009 19:26:14