Aerofly pro deluxe with FAULTY game commander

Vic. P.

I have now owned this sim for a year and although i am very happy with the software the same cannot be said for the hardware. The game commander has started playing up to the point where the sim is completely unusable for heli flying and extremely difficult for the planes.
 The problem started with the rudder control flicking the rudder when no input had been made and now the rudder flicks constantly making heli flying in particular impossible.
 I went to the IKARUS site where it is possible to email a message to them which i did  over six weeks ago!! I then contacted them again two weeks ago and again a week ago. I have had absolutely no response to my messages and would therefore like to pass this info on so that no one else has to waste their time trying to contact Ikarus.
 If anyone has any idea how i could find an alternative way of using the software without having to use the game commander i would be very grateful, as at present i have over £250.00 worth of software with add-ons that i am unable to use at all.

Kind regards
Vic.

As I see it you can drive the simulator with your Tx, using a USB-interface cable.

I use another simulator. but the Icarus manual (page 4, requirements) says you need:
• A transmitter with buddy box. The accompanying interface cable comes with an adapter for all current remote control types, e.g. Graupner/JR, Futaba, Robbe, Multiplex, Hitec, Sanwa and Airtronics

I would expect the USB signal from thier own controller to be similar to that from a Tx, and you can usually change that using the interface to the USB controller.

Windows updates, GPU updates

Calibrate controller in window's

Unplug USB and replug in again , maybe not connected properly... retart pc

I use Aerofly pro deluxe and have never ever experienced a problem, over 2 years now! I use a cheap Esky usb transmitter and the mentioned above things is what i need to do sometimes if things are not running smooth or the controller not working!

Hi John and Dusty,
 Looks like i need to go and buy a USB simulator cable as you suggest John.
 I have tried everything as regards getting the game commander to work properly, i have even gone as far as uninstalling Aerofly and reinstalling it, recallibrating the controller time and again, unplugging it, restarting the PC, well you get the idea!!
 With a USB sim lead, i will still need to have the game commander plugged in as this has a built in dongle, without which, Aerofly will not run at all.
 Should have bought the version with the USB dongle rather than the game commander!!
 On which note, i would suggest that anyone thinking of buying Aerofly should steer clear of the game commander version as it seems it could be a problem waiting to happen.
 Thanks for taking the time to read and reply guys, much appreciated.
 Kind regards
 Vic.