Air retracts - Help needed

Advert

Cripes! I'd have thought you'd have very gooey tubes after that! I went for heating them over a flame then jabbing them over a pencil tip, Once hardened I cut them to the required length and hey presto, they fit!

Don't suppose anyone knows a source of cheap oleos?

Here is a picture of them

think I paid about 14 quid. diameter is 1/2 inch
I am actually modifying mine cos they are too long for my needs. Will ream out a solid 1/2" ali bar, approx 1" shorter, and then mill the slot for the spring retaining / end stops stub.

The guy I got the oleos from, also does ( and I had some off him )plastic moulded wheel wells. Is there any way you could just move the wels slightly further out andd fit new mouldings, to accomodate the legs u already have ? Is it foam or built up wing ?http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/WHEEL-WELLS-IDEAL-FOR-LEGS-WITH-OLEOS-NEW_W0QQitemZ230147978789QQihZ013QQcategoryZ34056QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Yup. Sorry, a senior moment..... it's the Alzh... ah I forget.

I have reduced the wheel size from 2.75inch to 2.5 inch as well, but it's still too much. I'll try Perkins as they seem to do a few sets, as do unitract (expensive). But i'll wait until after Cosford I think.