Kyosho Pitts

Advert

I have the Planenutz version....similar spec in terms of weight & size but a different model. I suspect they will fly much the same.

I love mine...it looks great in the air & performs everything I ask of it & then goes back in the car fully rigged.

I have an ASP61 4 stroke in mine, mounted inverted & turning a 12x6 prop. I would say its a perfect match...a 52 4 stroke would be good too but no smaller.

Check out BRC as they were selling them off cheap...here

Irvine 53 in mine.  Great performance, perfect for flicks and knife-edge

Construction is first class - good quality materials and build.

You will, however, need to keep on top of it at all times - it will do anything you ask but leave it to its own devices for more than half a second at your peril!

If you have a deadstick, plan on a 45 degree glide slope!  Mine caught me out from an awkward deadstick over trees, tight turn to get clear but although the nose was well down as I came out of it, I couldn't regain enough airspeed to round out properly which didn't do it much good!

Edited By Martin Harris on 22/09/2009 19:27:30

• 3 months later...
I agree with others in this thread that the build quality is excellent, but the covering is poor. It gets loose very quickly around the edges, and this is especially true close to the engine. In my case, oil from the exhaust fumes started to get under the covering and make the wood soft in one are in the front. "Fortunately" I had my gear ripped off in a bad landing, so I noticed the problem when I had to remove the covering to repair the damage. I have now sealed all edges of the covering with Tufkote, and I only wish I had done it before I started flying it.

/Leif

Edited By Bruce Richards - Moderator on 04/01/2010 17:50:23

I use the Solarfilm "Clearkote" around the front end of all my ic models....seals & fuelproofs them in one go & the film sticks well to it.......

ALL Artfs in my experience are particularly bad at fuel proofing....the "best" i've seen is some thin grey paint around the firewall...most have nothing at all....just bare wood......

Slosh some good varnish/resin around the firewall & tank bay......you know it makes sense!!! Doesn't make the U/C mounting any stronger though (epoxy & tape or a bit of extra birch ply needed here!!!!!!!!!)