Balsa strippers and material lists

Any good advice out there about balsa strippers? which ones work, seems like a money saving idea to me. Also I saw a thread on material lists which will not open which reminds me of my wish for a material list to be included in with the free plans in RCM&E, perhaps thatthread said the same thing. just a list to take to the model shop and say 'Gimme - Please'.

Advert

Spanner
i was looking to buy a balsa stipper when i returned to aeromodelling a couple of years ago.I found an article in a magazine showing you how to make one from ply,perspex and a scapel blade.It took about an hour to make and works as good as a commercial item.I,ve since made 4 of them for friends.I cut all my own strip wood with it.If i can find the article i,ll send you a copy if your interested.

years ago all plans includedd a list of materials required, often including what grades of balsa and where to use them. Why can't they be included - free plans I can accept that there's often not enough space on the pull-out, and no real incentive for the designer or publisher to go that extra step.

A good straight edge and a sharp scalpel blade make for good balsa stripping, but , beinmg lazy, I use a sharpened marking gauge for anything up to 1/8" strip having first made sure that the edge I'm cutting from is truly straight.

Even thinker strip can be cut using my marking gauge if I mark both sides and then follow the line with a scalpel

• 2 weeks later...