Aileron probs

Alan

Hi Folks

Just after buying the new WOT4 and am already having problems with it and i have not even tried to fly it yet.
This is the first time i have experienced two servos in the ailerons.  What would be the best way to connect them, my local model shop sayed to use a Y- Lead but reading on here using CH's 1 & 6 is better. I have read my manual on my radio gear( Futaba 6EX) and i am now even more confused.

Can someone please HELP

Advert

HI Alan

You really can can do either - use a Y-lead and plug that into channel 1 or plug them into channels 1&6 and then activate the flapperon function on the radio. If you opt for the latter then you can independantly adjust the servos easier and in due course you may want to experiment with flapperons of course.  

Go for option 1 if you prefer to keep things simple. The WOT4 is so flexible that it'll handle all sorts of set-ups, it all depends on your flying ability and what you expect from the model but I'm sure you won't be disappointed.

Edited By David Ashby - RCME Administrator on 02/11/2009 20:45:56

Hi Alan,

A "Y-Lead" is OK for most trainer type models. The reason why most people use two channels is to achieve "differential" in the movement between the two ailerons; more down travel than up which does improve the handling. The other reason is that it is easier to trim the individual ailerons, but this is a moot point if you have set the linkages up properly in the first place!

You can use a Y lead which is the simplest option, and means that there is only one thing to plug in when putting the model together. If You want to though you can mix either chanel 5 or 6 to copy channel one:
1. Get to the PMIX screen in programming.
2. Turn on this funtion with data imput lever.
3. Select twice
4. Use the data input leaver to set it to chanel 1
5. Press select once
6. Choose channel 5 or 6  using the data input lever
7. Press select key three times.
8. Set the number to + 100% using the data input lever

That should work

Hi David

thanks for your quick reply i think i well go for the Y-Lead it sounds less complicated and as for my flying ability i only started the hobby in June so i do not expect much.

When using a Y-Lead if both servos are a mirror image of each other would both eilrons not travel in the same direction.